Zowie EC2 ReviewBluePanda - September 12, 2011
» Discuss this article (4)
In the end, this mouse may not have had a ton of buttons, customizable features, or some crazy contour to “comfort” your hand, but this is what makes this mouse so amazing. Rather than focusing on all the physical appearances of the mouse, the efforts were clearly put into making this mouse make you feel like the conductor of your PC. Not too surprisingly, the mouse does not work in any of your USB 3.0 slots (as it's still finding new product uses) but in reality if you don't have the usual USB 2.0 slot open or a hub, than some upgrading is already required for you. Its ability to change DPI on the fly along with its simple body features and amazing ability to trace and track make this mouse a winner at the end of the day.
The mouse is smaller than perhaps your MX510, fitting smaller hands nicely, yet it accommodates those of you with large hands just fine. It has the standard shape and dimensions of your typical “free” Dell mouse with a smooth glossy finish. The EC2 White tracks and functions much better than that Dell mouse and creates a sense of unity with your machine. Overall, the precision makes up for what the mouse lacks in physical appearance and makes this mouse one worth chasing after.
- Amazing tracking and control
- Simple, basic 5-button design
- Small for smaller hands — yet comfortable for you big handed ladies and gents
- Light-weight cord for easy maneuverability
- Massive skates for quick yet precise movements
- Glossy finish leaves a tacky, sweaty feel
- Can’t turn off the LED wheel colors
- Doesn't work with USB 3.0