Zalman VF900-Cu GPU Cooler ReviewFormer staff writer - October 26, 2006
- AMD 64 3800+Venice CPU
- CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9500 LED
- MSI K8N-NEO2-F
- 2 X 512MB Crucial Ballistics DDR400
- Vision Tek XTASY X850XTPE
- 2 X 80gig Hitachi Desk stars (RAID 0)
- Thermaltake Purepower TWV 500W
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
For testing and taking temperatures I just simply let the card sit idle for about thirty minutes then measured the idle temps. As for the load temps I ran it through a couple loops of 3D Mark 06, then read the temps using a laser temperature gun.
All temperatures were taken using Raytek Minitemp Temperature Gun w/ Laser sight - MT4
The laser temperature gun is the best way I could see to take accurate temperatures without having to worry about faulty and inaccurate software readings. The Zalman VF900 GPU cooler seems to be getting the job done with stable temp readings!
The Zalman VF900 fan/heatsink cooler, which has the looks and the capabilities of a top of the line cooler, did not disappoint. As all can see from the temp results, this cooler has passed with flying colors! Bottom line with this cooler is this: almost delightful to install, wicked sick good looks, and cooling capabilities that rival all other air coolers in today’s market! I guess the only real “setback” I found during the installation and testing of the Zalman cooler is the fact that there was no instruction manual, but like I have stated before, the online guide is more than enough to aid in the installation.
- Very nice looking and sturdy packaging
- Outstanding finish on the heat sink
- Heat pipe and fin design
- Easy installation, even for someone's first time!
- Superior cooling
- Ram heat sinks, easy installation
- Fan Mate 2 for adjustable fan speeds
- Can be installed on a very wide variety of video cards!
- Very nice and QUITE fan!
- No instruction manual included in packaging.