XFX 8800 GTS 640MB Extreme Edition Reviewajmatson - December 18, 2007
» Discuss this article (0)
Here at OverclockersClub.com we use a series of benchmarks to push the components we review to their limits. These include some time tested benchmarks as well as never ones that strain a system with the latest technology. Using these tests, I am going to compare the XFX 8800 GTS 640MB Extreme Edition against other well knows video cards so that you can see the performance that it offers. All tests are run at stock speeds on the CPU, memory and GPU to keep any variables from interfering with the scores. All updates to the operating system and drivers have been applied before testing.
- Processor: Intel Q6600 Core2Quad 266X9
- Motherboard: Abit IP35 "Dark Raider"
- Memory: 2x 1GB Mushkin XP9200 400FSB 5-4-4-12
- Hard Drive: Seagate SATA 750GB
- Optical: Lite on 52x cd/rw rom
- Power Supply: Ultra 800W Pro
- O/S: Windows XP Service Pack 2
- XFX 8800 GTS 640MB Extreme Edition (nVidia) (Driver Version: 163.75)
- PNY 8800GTS 640MB (nVidia) (Driver Version: 163.75)
- eVGA 8800GTS 640MB (nVidia) (Driver Version: 163.75)
- Sapphire HD3870 512MB (ATI) (Driver Version: 7.11)
- Quake 4
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted
- Call of Duty II
F.E.A.R. is an older benchmark that still lives true to its name. It strikes fear into your computer bringing it to its knees. F.E.A.R. uses a new AI that emulates independent squad based movement that counteracts the moves of the player instead of following a predetermined path.
The settings we will use are below:
- FSAA: x4
- Anisotropic: x16
- Effects: Max
- Computer: High
- Soft Shadow: Off