XFX nForce 680i Reviewajmatson -
» Discuss this article (7)
Raw performance data is nice to have when it comes to bragging rights, but most people want to see how well the hardware performs against other products in the same class.
The game tests that we use are as follows:
- Far Cry
- Call of Duty 2
- Quake 4
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Far Cry - This game makes extensive use of pixel shaders and features Polybump normal mapping technology to increase character details.
We will be using the Hardware OC Benchmarking Utility version 1.8 with the following settings.
- Maximum quality option, Direct3D renderer
- Level: Volcano, demo: Volcano.tmd
- Pixel shader: model 2.0b
- Anti-aliasing: 4×
- Anisotropic filtering: 8×
- HDR: disabled
- Geometry Instancing: disabled
- Normal-maps compression: disabled