VisionTek Radeon HD3870 X2 Overclocked Edition ReviewMakaveli - May 7, 2008
» Discuss this article (10)
- Dual HD3870 high-definition GPUs on single card for better performance, and failsafe GPU redundancy
- Ideal for high end gamer or workstation professional
- 1GB high-speed GDDR3 memory
- ATI CrossfireX technology enabled on single card
- Internal CrossfireX technology enabled design, without additional flexible CrossfireXTM bridge
- 4 Dual-link DVI outputs (2 active when CrossFire is enabled)
- Integrated audio multi-channel audio (5.1 surround) thru. DVI-HDMI dongle (optional)
- Quad Heatpipes Silent Fan
- Variable speed quiet, Dual 7.5cm fans controlled by temperature
- Massive copper Quad heatpipe driven cooling apparatus
- 48 PCI-E lanes for switching – 16 lanes communicate with PCIE bus, 16 lanes to 2 GPUs respectively.
- Superscalar unified shader architecture
- 320 x2 stream processing units
- 256-bit memory x2 interface
- DirectX® 10.1 / Shader Model 4.1 support
- PCI Express® 2.0 support
- High-speed 128-bit HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering
- Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing
- ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology
- Support for the ATI Radeon™ DVI to HDMI adapter
- Unified Video Decoder (UVD) for Blu-ray™ and HD DVD
- Dynamic geometry acceleration
- Game physics processing capability
HD Video Beyond 1080p
The latest Blu-ray and HD DVD movies play smoothly at full 1080p and your CPU is unbound for other tasks thanks to the Unified Video Decoder. Enjoy ultimate image quality with resolutions upscaled beyond1080p for the most processing-intensive content. And with a choice of digital outputs, you have more options when enjoying your digital entertainment.
- Unified Video Decoder – Enjoy the latest Blu-ray and HD DVD movies with a dedicated hardware video decoder that leaves your CPU unbound to do other tasks.
- Ultimate Image Quality – Performance that rivals high end HD-DVD and Blu-ray players on displays with resolutions that exceed 1080p - up to 2560x1600.
- Integrated Digital Outputs – Enjoy all your digital content the way you want to, with built-in HDMI and DVI output capability.
ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series graphics processors have breakthrough efficiency, with up to twice the processing performance per watt than previous generations of AMD GPUs. Take advantage of the latest graphics features that can help drive productivity at an extraordinary price. Runs cool and quiet – With a smaller chip designed to use less power, your system can take advantage of high-end Windows Vista® features while running more efficiently and quieter than ever
Ultimate HD Gaming
Advance to ultimate HD gaming with incredible performance, life-like graphics and support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1. With dual ATI Radeon™ HD 3870 GPUs working in exquisite precision, you’re ready to dominate the battlefield from over one teraFLOPS of GPU compute power. And thanks to plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX™ upgradeability, you can scale your performance to even greater heights.
ATI Avivo™ HD Technology
The ATI Radeon™ HD 3870 GPU features ATI Avivo™ HD technology with advanced audio, video processing, display and connectivity capabilities for high definition entertainment solutions
- Introducing a breakthrough for the playback of Blu-ray™ and HD DVD discs
- UVD (Unified Video Decoder) is a new HD video processor that provides hardware decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD
- UVD is designed to enable a cool, quiet media PC with low GPU and CPU power requirements
- ATI Avivo™ HD technology includes fully integrated HD audio capabilities and supports playback of multi-channel (5.1) audio streams. When combined with the integrated HDCP copy protection, ATI Avivo HD enables a one-cable HDMI™ connectivity solution to high definition home theaters
ATI Unified Video Decoder Technology
Connect your PC to your home theater and start watching HD content from your computer using new ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 series graphics cards. The ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series is designed to decode and playback Blu-ray and HD DVD formats using dedicated hardware within the GPU. This technology, known as UVD or Unified Video Decoding, is part of ATI Avivo™ HD, the new collection of technologies that are designed to improve the visual and connectivity capabilities of ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series GPUs. The new and improved UVD offloads the intensive process of HD video decoding and playback from the CPU while improving the visual quality. This means you can get smooth, high quality HD video playback at full HD 1080p from most entry level PCs, or free up the CPU for other tasks while you enjoy the movie. And with HDCP* built into the GPU, the new cards easily enable playback of HDCP protected content.
-All information sourced from VisionTek's website: http://www.visiontek.com/products/cards/retail/3870_x2_overclocked.html