Ultra X2 750 Watt Extreme Edition Modular Reviewajmatson -
» Discuss this article (0)
Now I am ready to see how the Ultra X2 EE holds up during testing and then compared to two similar power supplies from different manufacturers. I am going to be comparing the Ultra X2 750W Extreme Edition against the Sigma Shark 635W PSU and the Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W PSU to see how it holds up during idle and when it has a full load on it. The Ultra X2 EE and the Sigma Shark both have Dual Rail technology while the Cooler Master 750W has Quad Rails. Will this make a difference in stability? Let's find out.
To load the Ultra X2 750W Extreme Edition, I added two extra hard drives with IDE interfaces, an extra video card, an extra optical drive, and four total fans. Then I ran Prime95, AVG Anti-Virus, a DVD movie, and looped 3DMark06 to stress the system as much as possible.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
- Motherboard: XFX NForce 680i SLi
- Memory: 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2-9600
- Memory (Added for load): 2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400
- Video Card: Foxconn NVidia 8600GTS 256MB
- Video Card 2 (Added for load): Gigabyte X700 Pro 128MB
- Hard Drive: 1x Western Digital 80GB SATA
- Hard Drive 2: 1x Seagate 750GB SATA 3.0
- Hard Drive 3 (Added for load): 2x Western Digital 40GB IDE Drives
- Optical Drive: Lite-On 8x DVD+/-RW Drive
- Optical Drive 2 (Added for load): Samsung 16x DVD ROM
- Fans: 2x Ultra 80mm Fans, 2x Ultra 120mm Fans
- Fan Controller: Vantec Nexus Multi Fan Controller
- Case: Ultra M998 Mid-tower
- Operating System: Windows XP Professional w/SP2
Power Supplies Tested:
- Sigma Shark 635W PSU
- Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W PSU
- Ultra X2 750W Extreme Edition Modular PSU
- Sperry Industrial 18 Range Digital Multimeter.
First up are the 3.3 voltages. Remember you want to be as close to the 3.3v as possible.
Now we have the 5.0 volts
And lastly for the 12 volt rails.
Not once did the Ultra X2 ever go below the rated voltages. Even with having less rails then the Cooler Master 750W it held up and came out with the closest voltage readings to what they should be.