Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ (RB) ReviewRHKCommander959 - April 29, 2009
» Discuss this article (7)
The Titan Fenrir was very well packed, and had all the necessary gear to get an easy start to assembly. Assembling the heatsink and attaching it to the LGA 1366 motherboard was quite simple and fairly straightforward, especially thanks to the manual. Installation should also be really easy on most other motherboards thanks to the brackets' design. The Fenrir totem looks cool, and the fins are shapely; the large heatpipes also stand out better than the regular sized ones.
The only main downfall is that the fin design allows a large amount of air to escape through the fins, hurting cooling performance. The bent fins are a nuisance, but easy to unbend.
The included thermal paste is adequate to get a start, and for the price this is a great heatsink that can be tweaked for even better performance!
- Direct heatpipe base provides direct heat transfer to heatpipes
- Larger than usual heatpipes
- Good performance
- Reasonable operation noise
- Plenty of accessories for easy assembly
- Base is not perfectly flat, machining grooves
- Large gap between fan and heatsink