Sytrin KuFormula SHF1 Ultra Hard Drive CoolerMakaveli -
I put my Western Digital 250GB IDE hard drive into the cooler and recorded results from HDDHealth while it was idle and with load (in all tests, lower is better).
- ASUS P5N32-SLi SE Deluxe Motherboard
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor
- eVGA 7950GT KO Video Card
- OCZ Gold 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 800 Memory
- Audigy 2 Sound Card
- XG Vortec 600watt Power Supply
- Western Digital 250GB IDE Hard Drive
- Western Digital 160GB SATA 3.0GB/s Hard Drive
- Seagate 80GB IDE Hard Drive
- Windows XP Media Center 2005
- SilverStone TJ-06 Black with Window
I’m simply stunned! Both tests yielded extremely good temperatures from the drive with the cooler. Using HDTach, let’s find out if a cooler drive produces better performance (higher is better).
As you can see, there is no question at all that a cooler drive performs better than the non-cooled drive. HDTach also showed that the drive with the cooler had a CPU Utilization of 4%, whereas without the cooler, it was 5%.