Swiftech MCW6500-T TEC (Peltier) Assisted Water Blockhardnrg - June 14, 2007
» Discuss this article (18)
Thermoelectric module characteristics:
|U max||I max||DT max||Q max||L x W x H (mm)||R (Ω)
|15.2 VDC||24 A||> 67°C||226.1 W||50 x 50 x 3.10||0.48|
|Measured power draw at 12 VDC: 18A|
CNC machined aluminum L2.5"xW2.5"xH.4"
- Electroless nickel, and Zinc Cobalt plated anti-corrosion treatment. 5 year warranty.
- 1/4" BSPP threads
- Patent Pending Diamond-Pin Matrix©. Design increases heat dissipation surface with low pressure drop characteristics.
- Outer face is lapped flat to 3/10 of a millimetre and mirror polished.
- Exceptional quality and attention to details: the cold plate base is lapped to 0.0003" (3/10 of 1/1000"), and mirror polished.
- Water-block dimensions: including cold plate, excluding fittings: 2.5"x2.5"x1.070". This fits inside of Intel® socket LGA775 no components zone.
- Overall dimensions including retention frame: L3.1" x W3.1" x H1.070" (L78.7 x W78.7 x H27.1 mm)
Retention mechanism & CPU compatibility
- Model MCW6500-775T: Intel® socket LGA775
- Model MCW6500-939T: AMD socket 754/939/940
Power supply requirements
- Existing Power Supply:
The unit can be connected directly to high-end computer power supplies. At the time of release, we have validated in our labs the Enermax Galaxy 1K power supply.
- Auxiliary power supply:
"Meanwell S320-12" power supply, rated for 25A at 12 Volts. Voltage is adjustable up to 13.8V.
The only difference between the -775T and -939T models is which mounting plate it uses. The actual TEC-block is identical. The Meanwell S-320-12 is rated for a voltage adjustment of ± 10% which means the maximum should be 13.6V, not 13.8V. The highest voltage I measured with a multimeter was 13.56V, which tallies with the 10% and 13.6V specification on Meanwell's own product page.