Super Talent Pico-E 8GB ReviewPropane -
» Discuss this article (2)
To test the performance of the Super Talent Pico-E 8GB, I will use a program that is called "Flash Memory Toolkit." The free demo of this program will be what I use to do the testing. This will consist of a low level read test, which will check memory bandwidth on the device, and then I will test several test files for the writing portion. While the testing is taking place, I will have the Pico-E plugged directly into one of my on-board USB ports.
- Processor: Intel Q9450 Core 2 Quad 333x8
- Motherboard: Gigabyte X48-DQ6
- Memory: Mushkin XP2 Redline 8000 2 x 2GB 5-5-5-12
- Video Card(s): MSI 9800GT
- Power Supply: Mushkin 800 watt Modular power supply
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 750GB SATA
- OS: Windows Vista Ultimate
- Sandisk Cruzer Micro 1 GB
- OCZ Rally 2 Dual Channel 2GB
- ADATA C702 Classic 16GB Flash Drive
- Corsair Flash Voyager 32GB
Read Speed - Low Level Benchmark:
The first test I will be preforming on the Pico-E is the low level read test. This test will give us a speed in megabytes per second and a "times" factor. The result of this test shows that the average read rate is 23.9MB/s and the average "X" factor is 162X.