Sapphire HD 6770 FleX Edition Reviewccokeman -
» Discuss this article (5)
1x Dual-Link DVI
1x Single-Link DVI-D
1x HDMI 1.4a
850MHz Core Clock
800x Stream Processors
1x Dirt®3 Coupon
DVI to VGA Adapter
6-Pin to 4-Pin Power Cable
HDMI to SL-DVI Adapter
- Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology: GDDR5 memory provides twice the bandwidth per pin of GDDR3 memory, delivering more speed and higher bandwidth.
- Sapphire FleX Technology: 3 DVI Eyefinity Out of the Box Targeting maximum flexibility with minimum outlay, Sapphire FleX Technology simplifies AMD’s multi-monitor Eyefinity solution by allowing 3 X DVI monitors to be connected to the board ‘out of the box’ WITHOUT the requirement for expensive DisplayPort monitors or Active Adapters.
- AMD Eyefinity: AMD Eyefinity technology maximizes your field of view across up to three displays, fully engaging your peripheral vision. For gamers this puts you right IN the game and for other applications it helps to increase productivity by maximizing your visual workspace so that you can see more windows simultaneously. AMD Eyefinity technology is also ideal for multimedia applications as it allows you to keep several ‘palettes’ or ‘panels’ open over a larger workspace whist you edit your images or videos.*
- 40nm Process Technology: Cutting edge manufacturing process allows for efficient, high performance parts which use less power than their predecessors.
- AMD CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology: Triple or Quadruple gaming power with AMD CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology.AMD CrossFireX technology supports up to four graphics cards to be used in a single system
- PCI-Express 2.0: The latest PCI-Express 2.0 specification doubles data throughput from 2.5Gbps to 5Gbps allowing you to exploit the full performance potential of your graphics card.
- AMD HD3D Technology: Enjoy the most immersive experience possible with full support for High Definition Stereoscopic 3D, a technique that presents 2D images (movies, games, photos) in a format that creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth when using compatible 3D displays / glasses / software.
- Dual-Link DVI : Equipped with the most popular Dual Link DVI (Digital Visual Interface), this card is able to display ultra high resolutions of up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz.
- HDMI 1.4a: HDMI 1.4a builds on previous generations of HDMI connectivity with support for Deep Color, 7.1 High Bitrate Audio, and 3D Stereoscopic support, ensuring the highest quality Blu-ray and video experience possible from your PC.
- DisplayPort: Enjoy the benefits of the latest generation display interface, DisplayPort. With the ultra high HD resolution of 2560 x 1600 the graphics card ensures that you are able to support the latest generation of LCD monitors.
- Single-Link DVI-D: Supports Digital monitors up to 1920x1200 resolution.
- Microsoft DirectX® 11: Get intense gaming performance and unrivalled image quality with stunning 3D visual effects, realistic lighting and lifelike imagery with SAPPHIRE graphics cards supporting DirectX®11. New features in DirectX®11 such as Hardware Tessellation, HDR Texture Compression, Multi-threading support and DirectCompute bring lifelike gaming and an experience never possible on a PC before.
- OpenGL® 4.1: Supports the latest OpenGL API (Application Programming Interface) to accelerate performance of applications outside of DirectX®, i.e. Adobe Autodesk 2D/3D graphic design.
- Shader Model 5.0: Supports the latest Shader Model 5.0 feature set including VTF (Vertex Texture Fetch) which is a key feature used extensively in many of the games that ship today. Without support for this feature the game will fall back to a lesser shader path resulting in the loss of cool, lifelike effects made possible by Shader Model 5.0
- AMD Catalyst Control Center™: The AMD Catalyst Control Center™ software application gives you complete control over the performance and visual quality of your SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon™ based graphics card allowing for the best experience on your PC.
- Accelerated Video Transcoding: Massively parallel architecture and support for common shader transcoding instructions accelerates video encoding / transcoding way beyond what was possible with the CPU only. (Requires application support for AMD Stream technology and Digital rights management restrictions may apply)
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio™ Support: Support for copy protected, high bandwidth, 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI. Get a fully immersive, high definition audio experience with the latest Blu-ray movies. (Requires a DVI to HDMI dongle on some models, an HD capable monitor and a Blu-ray drive)
- 2nd Generation TeraScale Engine: Supports more than 4 teraFLOPS of compute power, providing more performance than any other graphics card available. (As of October 9th, 2009, the AMD Radeon™ HD5970 scored in excess of X 10,000 in 3DMark Vantage V1.01, the highest single graphics card score achieved to date.)
- Anti-aliasing features: Supports advanced AA (Anti-aliasing) features to maximize your enjoyment of high definition gaming.
Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4 or 8 samples per pixel)
Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing (CFAA) for superior quality
Adaptive super-sampling and multi-sampling
Super AA (AMD CrossFireX™configurations only)
All anti-aliasing features compatible with HDR rendering
- Physics processing support: Accelerates the performance of Fluid Dynamics, Cloth Simulation, Soft or Rigid Body Dynamics, Universal Collision Detection, Hair Simulation and Finite Element Analysis for the most lifelike gaming experience.
- AMD PowerPlay™: Dynamically manage power efficiency and take control of your performance with AMD’s revolutionary AMD PowerPlay TM power management technology delivering high performance features when needed and conserving power when the demand on the graphics processor is low. This seamless technology dramatically reduces the overall power consumption allowing for break-through energy efficiency.
- AMD Advanced Parallel Processing technology: Accelerate the most demanding applications by offloading parallel data compute tasks from the CPU to GPU, dividing the tasks as evenly as possible for improved system performance and reliability.
- Enhanced Internet Browser Applications: Not just for video and games, the power of your GPU can now accelerate the latest versions of some Internet browsers (IE9/Mozzilla FireFox) utilising Direct 2D rendering for a faster and more responsive browsing experience including high quality image rendering and media playback.
- Microsoft Office 2010: Take advantage of improved picture and media editing capabilities in Office 2010 as well as edit and share your content in real time See more, and get more done. Enhanced productivity with accelerated GPU processing for Office applications.
- Windows® 7 support: WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) Certified drivers and logos are available for all SAPPHIRE HD2000, HD3000, HD4000 and HD5000 series cards ensuring compatibility and reliability with Microsoft Windows 7.
- AMD App Acceleration: Use the power of your AMD Radeon™ GPU to speed up everyday applications like your web browser and Microsoft Office 2010 using AMD App Acceleration. Do more, and do it faster. Watch Blu-ray movies, online streaming video and other HD content using your AMD Radeon™ GPU and get smooth – high quality playback with amazing image quality.
All information courtesy of Sapphire Tech @ http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1073&pid=1194&psn=000101&lid=1&leg=0