Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control Systemajmatson - August 9, 2007
» Discuss this article (0)
So now after all that, I ask myself my original question. Is there enough difference to justify the extra cost of the Flight System versus a normal $30 joystick? If you are into flight games and simulators, or you want that edge to take control, then yes, I highly recommend it. It will make your experience so much more enjoyable and give you the feeling that you are really there flying the aircraft. If you're a casual gamer that will use it from time-to-time, then I would opt for a less expensive flight stick.
One drawback I would like to mention, is that Saitek advertises a feature that you can change the LEDs from green to red or amber. Well this is only possible in the software testing program and once you end the program, the LEDs go back to green. There is no way to change them for gameplay. Also, the color of the MFD stays green, not the alternate colors. For being an advertised feature, I would have like to seen it implemented for actual use, especially the red, which is ideal for flight, because it is easier on the eyes. We did contact Siaitek about it via email and this feature will be implemented in a future update.
- Very easy to handle for that edge needed in-game
- Profiles feature and the ability to download pre-made profiles for faster customization
- Ability to integrate into games to display information
- Advertised ability to change LED colors are not available for use in the games only in testing
- For the price, it would have been nice to see a full copy of Flight Simulator X included instead of the demo