ASUS Rampage III Extreme ReviewGeekspeak411 -
» Discuss this article (14)
Intel® Socket 1366 Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition/Core™ i7 Processor
Support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Refer to www.asus.com for Intel CPU support list
Intel® X58 / ICH10R
Up to 6400 MT/s with QuickPath Interconnection
6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066
Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory Triple channel memory architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
*Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
*Refer to www.asus.com or this user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 , support x16; x16/x16; x16/x8/x8 and x8/x8/x8/x8 configurations
1 x PCIe x4
1 x PCI 2.2
Support NVIDIA 3-Way SLI™ / ATI CrossFireX™ Technology
4 PCIe x16 slots ready for 4 single PCB graphic cards
Intel ICH10R controller
6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports Intel Matrix Storage Technology
Support RAID 0,1,5,10 JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller
1 xExternal SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)
1 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s port Marvell® 9128 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s controller
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
Gigabit Intel LAN
8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Supports 1 Optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O
2 x 1394a port(s) (1 port at back I/O, 1 port onboard)
NEC® USB 3.0 controller
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (at back panel) Intel® ICH10R Southbridge
- 9 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports at midboard; 6 ports at back panel, 1 reserved for ROG Connect)
ROG Extreme Engine Digi+
- 8-phase CPU power
- 3-phase QPI/DRAM power
- 3-phase NB power
- 3-phase Memory power
- ML Caps on CPU, Memory and QPI respectively
iROG Extreme Tweaker
BIOS Flashback with onboard switch button
USB BIOS Flashback
ROG Extreme OC kit
PCIe x16 Lane Switch
Double Power Supply with dual 8-pin (CPU) and dual 4-pin (VGA) molex power connectors
Intelligent overclocking tools:
- ASUS AI Booster Utility
- O.C Profile Overclocking Protection:
- COP EX (Component Overheat Protection - EX)
- Voltiminder LED
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
CPU Level Up
Onboard Switches: Power / Reset / Clr CMOS (at rear)
ASUS Fan Xpert
ASUS EZ Flash 2
ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
ROG BIOS Wallpaper
ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
Back Panel I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 Keyboard port (purple)
1 x Clr CMOS switch
1 x Optical S/PDIF out port
1 x IEEE 1394a connector
1 x External SATA port
1 x LAN (RJ45) port
1 x ROG Connect On/Off switch
1 x RC Bluetooth switch
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (Blue)
7 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (1 port also for ROG Connect)
8-channel Audio I/O
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x USB 2.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 2.0 ports
9 x SATA connectors:
2 x SATA 6G connectors (Red);
7 x standard SATA connectors (6 in Grey, 1 in Black)
1 x QPI Loadline calibration switch jumper (QPI_LL_SW)
8 x Fan connectors: 1 x CPU / 1 x PWR / 3 x Chassis / 3 x Optional
1 x Connector for optional fan-thermal module
8 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
3 x Thermal sensor connectors
1 x IEEE1394a connector
1 x SPDIF_Out Connector
1 x 24-pin ATX Power connector
2 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connectors
1 x En/Dis-able Clr CMOS header
1 x LN2 Mode Header
1 x START (Power On) button
1 x RESET button
2 x EZ Plug connectors (4-pin Molex Power connectors)
1 x OC Station header
1 x RC Bluetooth header
1 x Go Button
1 x BIOS Switch button
1 x ROG light connector
1 x CD Audio in
1 x Audio front panel
1 x System panel connector
16 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI2.0a Multi-Language BIOS
WOL by PME,WOR by PME,PXE
1 x ROG Connect cable
1 x ProbeIt cable set
1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge
1 x SLI Cable
1 x CrossFire Cable
1 x 2 in 1 ASUS Q-Connector Kit
3 x 2-in-1 SATA signal cables
1 x 2-in-1 SATA 6G cables
1 x 2-port USB2.0 + ESATA module
1 x I/O Shield
1 x Thermal Sensor Cable Pack
1 x Cable Ties Pack
1 x ROG theme label
1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label
1 x Optional Fan-Thermal Module
1 x RC Bluetooth card Bluetooth Module Accessory Card Bluetooth V2.0/V2.1+EDR RC Bluetooth On/Off Switch
ASUS PC Probe II
ASUS AI Suite
Futuremark® 3DMark® Vantage Advanced Edition
ASUS TurboV EVO Utility
ATX Form Factor 12 inch x 10.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.9 cm )
CPU, Chipset and Graphics features
- LGA1366 Intel® Bloomfield Processor Ready: This motherboard supports the latest Intel® Core™ i7 processors in LGA1366 package with integrated memory controller to support 3-channel (6 DIMMs) DDR3 memory. Supports Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) with a system bus of up to 6.4 GT/s and a max bandwidth of up to 25.6 GB/s. Intel® Core™ i7 processor is one of the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
3-Way SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!
- Flexible Multi-GPU solutions, Your Weapon of Choice! The P6X58D Premium breaks the boundaries to bring you the multi-GPU choice of either SLI™ or CrossFireX. The motherboard features a dedicated graphics engine on the most powerful Intel X58 platform to optimize PCIe allocation in multiple GPU configurations. Expect a brand-new gaming style you’ve never experienced before!
- Intel X58: The Intel® X58 Express Chipset is one of the most powerful chipset designed to support the Intel® Core™ i7 Processors with LGA1366 package and Intel® next generation system interconnect interface, Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (QPI), providing improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. It also supports up to 36 PCI Express 2.0 lanes providing better graphics performance.
- PCIe 2.0 Double Speed; Double Bandwidth This motherboard supports the latest PCIe 2.0 devices for double speed and bandwidth which enhances system performance.
Future Transfer Technology
- True SATA 6Gb/s Support Experience the Future of Storage! Supporting next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) storage interface, this motherboard delivers up to 6.0Gb/s data transfer rates. Additionally, get enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval, double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
- True USB 3.0 Support 10X Faster Date Rates! Experience ultra-fast data transfers at 4.8Gbps with USB 3.0—the latest connectivity standard. Built to connect easily with next generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10X faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 components.
- Triple-Channel DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1333/1066 The motherboard supports DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.) / 1333 / 1066 MHz to meet the higher bandwidth requirements of the latest 3D graphics, multimedia, and Internet applications. The triple-channel DDR3 architecture enlarges the bandwidth of your system memory to boost system performance.
ASUS Exclusive Overclocking Feature
- ASUS TurboV EVONew OC Records with Real-Time Super-precise Tunings Feel the adrenaline rush of real-time OC - now a reality with the ASUS TurboV. This extreme OC tool lets you set new ambitions on the OC stage with an advanced and easy-to-use interface - allowing you to overclock without exiting or rebooting the OS. With micro adjustments of the CPU PLL, NB, NB-PCIe, and DRAM voltages in 0.02v intervals, there are no limits - only extreme results to break new OC records!
ASUS Exclusive Features
- MemOK! Any Memory is A-OK! MemOK! quickly ensures memory boot compatibility. This remarkable memory rescue tool requires a mere push of a button to patch memory issues. MemOK! determines failsafe settings and dramatically improves your system boot success. Get your system up and running in no time!
- ASUS EPU System Level Energy Saving The new ASUS EPU - the world´s first power saving engine, has been upgraded to a new six engine version, which provides total system power savings by detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power in real-time. With auto phase switching for components (which includes the CPU, VGA card, memory, chipset, drives and system fan), the EPU automatically provides the most appropriate power usage via intelligent acceleration and overclocking - helping save power and money..
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution
- ASUS Fanless Design - Heat-pipe solution The Heat Pipe design effectively directs the heat generated by the chipsets to the heatsink near the back IO ports, where it can be carried away by existing airflow from CPU fan or bundled optional fan. The purpose of the innovative heat pipe design on this motherboard is that the groundbreaking fanless design does not have lifetime problems as a chipset fan does. Furthermore, it provides options for users to install side-flow fan or passive cooler. The Heat Pipe design is the most reliable fanless thermal solution to date.
- Fan Xpert Active Quiet & Cool ASUS Fan Xpert intelligently allows users to adjust both the CPU and chassis fan speed according to different ambient temperature , which is caused by different climate conditions in different geographic regions and system loading.Built-in variety of useful profiles offer flexible controls of fan speed to achieve a quiet and cool environment.
Up to 20°C(36°F) Cooler - Stack Cool 3+
- Effective Fanless Heat Dissipation at 0dB tack Cool 3+ is a fanless cooling solution offered exclusively by ASUS. It effectively and noiselessly transfers heat generated by the critical components to the other side of the specially designed PCB (printed circuit board) for effective heat dissipation - making temperatures cooler by up to 20°C.
ASUS Crystal Sound
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC delivers exceptional 5.1 surround experience through the most common PC audio setups - your existing stereo speakers or headphones. In addition to virtual surround, “Bass enhancement” provides stronger low frequency bass sound, and “Voice clarification” provides clear human dialogue even with loud background sound. With these technologies, you may experience a better home-theater audio with ease.
- Noise Filtering Eliminate background noise while recording This feature detects repetitive and stationary noises like computer fans, air conditioners, and other background noises then eliminates it in the incoming audio stream while recording.
ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS Onboard Switch With an easy press during overclock, this exclusive onboard switch allows gamer to effortless fine-tune the performance without having to short the pins!
- Q- Shield Easy and Comfortable Installations The specially designed ASUS Q-Shield does without the usual "fingers" - making it convenient and easy to install. With better electric conductivity, it ideally protects your motherboard against static electricity and shields it against Electronic Magnetic Interference (EMI).
- EZ-Flash 2 Simply update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS EZ Flash 2 is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
- ASUS Q-Design DIY quickly, DIY easily! ASUS Q-Design enhances your DIY experience. All of Q-LED, Q-Slot and Q-DIMM design speed up and simplify the DIY process!
- Q-Connector Make connection quick and accurate! The ASUS Q-Connector allows you to connect or disconnect chassis front panel cables in one easy step with one complete module. This unique adapter eliminates the trouble of plugging in one cable at a time, making connection quick and accurate.
- O.C. Profile Conveniently store or load multiple BIOS settings Freely share and distribute favorite overclocking settings The motherboard features the ASUS O.C. Profile that allows users to conveniently store or load multiple BIOS settings. The BIOS settings can be stored in the CMOS or a separate file, giving users freedom to share and distribute their favorite overclocking settings.
- Industry Standard IEEE 1394a interface IEEE 1394a interface provides high speed digital interface for audio/video appliances such as digital television, digital video camcorders, storage peripherals & other PC portable devices
S/PDIF-out on Back I/O Port
- This motherboard provides convenient connectivity to external home theater audio systems via coaxial and optical S/PDIF-out (SONY-PHILIPS Digital Interface) jacks. It allows to transfer digital audio without converting to analog format and keeps the best signal quality.
- GreenASUS The motherboard and its packaging comply with the European Union´s Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS). This is in line with the ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and recyclable products and packaging to safeguard consumers´ health while minimizing the impact on the environment.
All information courtesy of ASUS @ //usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wurRaDZ8lo4Ckukj&templete=2