Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz Reviewajmatson - December 10, 2007
» Discuss this article (0)
Many products boast about having blazing fast performance, but only through proper testing will we see if this set holds up. I am going to put it to the test against the OCZ Reaper HPC Edition PC2-9200, the Mushkin XP2-9200 and the Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 memory sets. The tests will be run at JEDEC speeds of 400MHz (DDR2-800) and then bumped up to their native speeds of 600MHz (DDR2-1200).
- CPU-Z Version 1.39
- Windows Task Manager
- PcMark05 Professional
- SiSoft Sandra XI
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz
- Motherboard: XFX nForce 680i SLi
- Video Card: Sapphire X1950Pro 256MB
- Hard Drive: 1x Western Digital 80GB SATA
- Hard Drive 2: 1x Seagate 750GB SATA 3.0
- Optical Drive: Lite-On 8x DVD+/-RW Drive
- Power Supply: Sigma Shark 635W
- Operating System: Windows XP Professional w/SP2
- Patriot 2x1GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz
- OCZ Reaper HPC Edition PC2-9200
- Mushkin XP2-9200
- Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500
CPU-Z - This is an application that will precisely display you system information without having to log out to go into the BIOS. Here is the information on the modules at the standard DDR2-800 JEDEC speeds and at DDR2-1200.
Windows Task Manager - The task manager allows you to view real time performance of you memory and system information. For memory it will let you know how much is being used and what you have left.