Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 800 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400 ReviewMakaveli -
In order to get an accurate idea for how this Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 set of RAM performs, I'm going to be putting it through a mortifying series of benchmarks and tests. After that, I'll be overclocking the set as far as it can possibly go and then run it through the same series of benchmarks. I'll be comparing this Patriot 4GB set to two Mushkin 4GB sets - the XP2-6400 and HP2-6400 sets. All three of these sets are stock at DDR2 800 and have timings of 4-4-4-12, except the HP2-6400 set which has latencies of 5-4-4-12. Hopefully, this will be a good battle.
- Processor: Intel E6600 at 2.66GHz
- Motherboard: Abit IN9 32X-MAX
- RAM: Patriot RAM Part# PDC24G6400LLK 2x2GB set PC2-6400
- Comparison RAM: Mushkin Part# 996580 2x2GB set XP2-6400
- Comparison RAM: Mushkin Part# 996564 2x2GB set HP2-6400
- Video Card: EVGA 7950GT KO
- Power Supply: CoolerMaster 750w
- Hard Drive: WD 160GB SATA 3.0GB/s
- Optical Drives: Sony DVD Burner SATA
- O/S: Windows XP SP2
- CPU-Z Version 1.41
- Windows Task Manager
- PcMark05 Professional
- SiSoft Sandra XI
- Far Cry
CPU-Z: This program gives some very accurate information about your memory, so we took a screenshot of the Patriot Extreme Performance at stock speeds.
Task Manager: Windows Task Manager is a good program to use in order to view how much of your memory is available and many other memory related statistics.
Let's move on and put this set through the rigorous benchmarks!