NZXT M59 - 001BK ReviewCompxpert - November 8, 2009
» Discuss this article (8)
For testing I ran it through the usual gauntlet of load and idle tests. For idle testing I simply leave the computer idle for a whole 30 min and then inspect and record temperatures using HWmonitor and RealTemp. For load tests I do the same except rather than leaving the system idle I apply load to each component. When testing on video I use Folding@Home. When testing CPU and Chipset I use blend in Prime 95. Finally for Hard Drive I use HDTune. I allow each of these to run a whole hour and then record temperatures.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale @ 3.00GHz
- Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT p45-T2RS
- Memory: OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 2x2GB
- Graphics Card: VisionTek HD 4870 512MB
- Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 320GB SATA 7200.10
- OS: Windows Vista Ultimate
So it seems the M59 came out alright. It ran through neck and neck with the competition but couldn't hold through for Chipset and HDD tests. This could be due to the lack of an included front panel fan and the lesser size of the fan on the side panel. However, in my opinion a 120mm by itself suffices in most any case.