Norco RPC-4020 4U Reviewajmatson -
» Discuss this article (5)
Now we get to the part we have been waiting for. To test the Norco RPC-4020 server chassis, I will be taking temperatures from several of the systems components. The first temperatures will be when the system is idle for 30 minutes and the second temperature will be taken while running Prime95 for 30 minutes to simulate heavy load. The ambient room temperature was kept the same during all tests to keep any variation from interfering with the test temperature readings. All hardware was run at the same speeds, frequency, latency, and voltage for every test to keep the scores as fair as possible.
- Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 "Propus"
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
- Memory: OCZ Spec Ops Urban Elite 2 x 2GB DDR3-12800 7-7-7-20
- Video Card: Sapphire HD 3450 512MB
- Case: Norco RPC-4020 4U Server Chassis
- Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 500W
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 750GB 7200.11
- CPU Cooler: Thermaltake ISGC-400 (High Speed Fan Setting)
- Optical Drive: Sony Slim DVD+/-RW
- OS: Windows Server 2008 Standard 64-Bit
- Ambient Temperature: 24â„ƒ
- Comparison Case 1: In Win IW-R300 3U Server Chassis
- Comparison Case 2: Cooler Master Elite 341 Mini Tower
With the exception of the hard drives, the Norco RPC-4020 was as good as, or better than, the In Win R-300.