Mushkin HP3 10666 DDR3 Memory Reviewccokeman - October 1, 2007
» Discuss this article (3)
To test this memory I will use a series of applications and benchmarks to measure the performance of the modules. Since DDR3 is a newer product and we have no other DDR3 modules to test against, I will use some of the higher rated DDR2 modules for comparison. This comparison will be at DDR 800. The DDR3 modules will then be shown at rated speed and timings. All timings and voltages will be set to factory defaults so that there are no variables or overclocking taking place in the first part of our testing. The software that will be used to benchmark this memory is listed below.
- CPU-Z Version 1.40
- Windows Task Manager
- PcMark05 Professional
- SiSoft Sandra XII
- Far Cry
- Processor: Intel E6750 333x8
- Motherboard: Asus P5K3
- Ram: Mushkin Part# 996574 2 x 1gb modules HP3 10666
- Comparison Ram: Mushkin Part# 996560 2 x 1gb modules XP2 9200
- Comparison Ram: Crucial Ballistix PC2 8500
- Video Card(s): Gigabyte 8600GT
- Power Supply: Ultra X3 1000watt
- Hard Drive: 2x 250GB Western Digital
- Optical Drives: 1x NEC DV5700
- O/S: Windows XP SP2
CPU-Z: This application shows us the settings that we have chosen in the BIOS. Items shown in this application include CPU speed and bus settings, motherboard manufacturer, BIOS revisions, memory timings and SPD chip information.
Task Manager: We use this utility to show physical memory, kernel memory, page file usage and processor usage (%).