Mushkin XP2-8500 Memory Reviewccokeman - March 12, 2007
- CPU: Intel E6700 Core2Duo 359x10
- Motherboard: Abit AW9D-MAX Bios 13.a11
- RAM: OCZ 2P8002gk Platinum 6400 revision 1
- Heatsink: Tuniq Tower With a Silverstone FM121 fan
- GPU: ATI 2x X1900XT in Crossfire mode
- HDDs: 1x 74gbRaptor 1x 120gb Seagate 2x 250gb Western Digital
- PSU: OCZ 700watt Game Xstream
- Optical: Benq DW1655, Sony Dvd/Cd-rom, PlextorPX-750a
To put this memory through its paces we will use several benchmarks to gauge performance against the current set of memory in this system. Included are several programs to show the settings that we are running. The set of memory that I am using is rated at 800 MHz but will match the rated speed, though not the memory timings, of the Mushkin RAM we will be testing. The benchmarks and programs we will use are as follows.
- CPU-Z 1.39
- Task manager in Windows
- PcMark 05 Professional
- SiSandra Pro Business 2007
- Far Cry
Let’s jump right in with CPU-Z.