Mushkin HP2-6400 DDR2 800 Mhz (2 x 2GB) Ramccokeman -
Today we will put this memory through a series of benchmarks, which are designed to gauge its performance. I will be making a comparison of performance at default timings (5-4-4-12), speed of DDR2 800 and then performance at DDR2 1000. EPP will be enabled and all timing adjustments will be locked at the EPP defined parameters, to eliminate the variable that the auto setting creates. The benchmarks and system applications we will be using are listed below.
- CPU-Z Version 1.39
- Windows Task Manager
- PcMark05 Professional
- SiSoft Sandra XI
- Far Cry
- Processor: Intel E6700 357x10
- Motherboard: AbitIN9 32X-MAX
- Ram: Mushkin Part# 996564 2x2GB set HP2 6400
- Comparison Ram: Mushkin Part# 996560 2x1GB set XP2 9200
- Video Card(s): EVGA 8800GTS 640MB x2 in SLI configuration
- Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 700 watt
- Hard Drive: 2x74GB Raptors in Raid 0, 2 x250GB Western Digital
- Optical Drives: 1x BenQ DW1655, Sony DVD-Rom
- O/S: Windows XP SP2
CPU-Z: This application shows us the settings we have chosen in BIOS. Items shown in this application include CPU speed and bus settings, motherboard manufacturer, BIOS revisions, memory timings and SPD chip information. Shown below are the two settings we will test this memory with.
Task Manager: We use this utility to show physical memory, kernel memory, page file usage and processor usage (%).You will notice that only about 3GB of memory shows in the picture below. This appears to be a Windows 32bit operating system limitation, even though the Windows literature says that Windows XP supports its use.