MSI P55-GD65 Reviewccokeman -
» Discuss this article (2)
• Supports Intel® i5 / i7 based processors in LGA1156 package.
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® P55 Chipset
- Supports QPI up to 6.4GT/s
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec.
- 6 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.
- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.
- ACPI 2.0 compliant.
- Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Integrated AHCI controller.
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/2000*/2133* (OC) SDRAM, 16GB Max
- Supports 1Gb/ 2Gb/ 4Gb DRAM size
- Supports Dual channel mode
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots
- If two graphics cards are installed at PCI_E2 & PCI_E4 slots, these two PCIE x16 lanes will auto arrange from x16/ x0 to x8/ x8
- supports ATI® Crossfire™ & NVIDIA SLI
• 1 PCI Express gen2 x4 slot
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x1 slots
• 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface
• One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in JMicron® 363.
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
• SATAII controller integrated in Intel P55/JMicron® 363 chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports six SATAII ports by P55
- Supports one SATAII port by JMicron 363.
- Supports one eSATA / USB combo port by JMicron 363.
- Supports AHCI controller with AHCI / SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by P55.
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec
• Supports two PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111DL.
IEEE1394 / FireWire
• VIA® VT6315N chipset
- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1)
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU / System x 3 FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 1 x chasis intrusion connector
- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 7 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 1 x ATA133 connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port
- 1 x Power Button
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x SPDIF-out connector
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x OC Genie Button
- 2 x Base Clock Control Buttons
MSI Reminds You...
• The floppy disk cable will be optional.
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse
- 1 x eSATA / USB Combo port
- 1 x IEEE1394 port
- 7 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ45 LAN Jacks
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
- 1 x Optical SPDIF-out
- 1 x Coaxial SPDIF-out
• The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.
Gold Accessory pack
Crossfire bridge Connection
SLI Bridge Connection
USb 2.0 Bracket
- Push to overclock in 1 second, MSI’s original invention, a fully automatic, smart overclocking chip. It will automatically detect the optimal settings for your individual system
1. 300% higher than Turbo Boost
2. Overclock 4 core B-clock & Ratio by OC Genie
3. Turbo Boost only overclock a little Ratio
*To enable OC Genie, we suggest you using the new 1.65V XMP memory modules and a high efficiency CPU cooler.
- Decrease of temperature by 50°C, The thick design of 8mm heatpipe, A surface increase of more than 56% compared to other competitors.
1. 8mm extra thick heatpipe
2. 60% thicker than traditional heatpipe
3. Thickest heatpipe used on mainboard
- 1 Phase DrMOS > 4 Phase Traditional MOSFET 3-in-1 server class power component, 400% faster than traditional MOSFET Offers excellent energy-saving capability and high-computing performance.
1. High Efficiency: Up to 96%
2. Efficiency Increase: +38.3%
3. Lower Power Loss: -4.01W (64% Max Saving)
- APS is Active Phase Switching, that is complete function to Control Power Demand With Switcing Dynamically, it’s for CPU, Memory and Chipset PWM.
Saving Power under Variable Loading.
Power Usage More Efficiency.
Voltage check points
- Provide CPU VCORE, VTT, DDR, PCH Voltage measure value
- Key part's voltage measurement for all end-users
- Instant CPU Base Clock adjustment
- Hardware low latency control
- Attain hardware overclocking performance at all circumstances
- Faster and Flexible and instant
- If BIOS crash, it still can boot from USB Drive
- Update BIOS from USB Drive by M-Flash Fucntion
- With the ESD dual-current protection chip, USB Safeguard can ideally protect your motherboard from the potential damage caused by static electricity when inserting USB devices.
- MSI Power eSATA. Normally eSATA devices need extra power via an adapter or an extra USB cable. This combo port supplies the needed power, so no extra USB cable for power is needed. MSI Power eSATA is 8x faster in transferring data than normal USB ports.
All Solid Capacitors
- Longer lifespan than electrolytic capacitors
- Endurable to operation under higher frequency & temperature
- Avoid exploding capacitors to cause mainboards failure
Blu-Ray Audio Support
- The loss-less content protection technology with full-rate audio enjoyment from Blue-ray Disc
- Support for 24-bit / 192kHz sample rate offers high quality digital decoders and speakers
- support 7.1 channels playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs
User Friendly Design
- Functions designed with button to be easy use.
- Help power-users tweaking process in-chasis enviornment
- Onboard SATA ports are stacked on the mainboard to avoid mechanical issue with giant graphic cards like 8800 Ultra.
MSI Advanced Live Update Online
- The MSI Live Update online is designed to automatically download and update the BIOS and driver when there’s a new version online. It helps reduce the risk of getting the wrong file and minimize the trouble of searching the files from MSI website.
- Equip with 2 or more PCIe x16 slots, ATI CrossFire Ready.
- The ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform.
- Provides 2.7x faster performance than single graphic card solution.
- Live Update 4 is a single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility updates and installs for you , which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while updating.
All information courtesy of MSI @ http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1846