MSI Big Bang XPOWER Reviewccokeman - July 8, 2010
» Discuss this article (13)
Supports Intel® i7 based processors in LGA1366 package.
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
Intel® X58 Chipset
- Supports QPI up to 25.6 GB/s
Intel® ICH10R Chipset
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec, up to 12 ports.
- 6 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.
- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.
- ACPI 2.0 compliant.
- Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Integrated AHCI controller.
Supports six unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333*/1600*/1800*/2000*/2133* (OC) DRAM, 24GB Max
- Supports 1GB/ 2GB/ 4GB DRAM size
- Supports x8 / x16 data lines per DIMM
- Supports up to 3 channel mode
6 PCI Express 2.0 slots
- PCI_E2 & PCI_E5 support up to PCIE x16 speed
- PCI_E4 & PCI_E6 support up to PCIE x8 speed
- PCI_E3 & PCI_E7 support up to PCIE x4 speed
• 1 PCI Express 1.1 x1 slot
• SATA controller integrated in Intel ICH10R/Marvell® 88SE9128/JMicron® JMB362 chipset
- Supports six SATAII ports (SATA1~SATA6) by ICH10R
- Supports two SATAIII ports (SATA7~SATA8) by Marvell® 88SE9128.
- Supports one eSATA & one eSATA / USB 2.0 combo port by JMicron JMB362.
- Supports AHCI controller with AHCI / SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by ICH10R.
- SATA7 & SATA8 support RAID 0/1 mode by Marvell® 88SE9128
MSI Reminds You...
• The RAID setup floppy disk is optional depending on the districts. You can download the files from the website to make the setup disk.
• QuantumWave Audio card
- Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
- THX TruStudio PC
- Creative Alchemy
- 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio Codec with jack sensing
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec
* For better audio performance, we recommend installing THX
Supports two PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111DL.
VIA® VT6315N chipset
- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1)
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 6-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU x 1 / System x 4 FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 1 x chasis intrusion connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 6 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 2 x Serial ATAIII connectors
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port
- 1 x GreenPower Genie connector
- 1 x Reset Button
- 1 x Power Button
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x OC Genie Button
- 1 x Over-Voltage switch & 1 set voltage check point
- 1 x set Debug LED Panel
- 2 x Base clock control buttons
MSI Reminds You...
• The floppy disk cable will be optional.
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x D-LED2 panel connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 port
- 5 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x eSATA port
- 1 x eSATA / USB Combo ports
- 2 x RJ45 LAN Jacks
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
30.5cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
9 mounting holes.
Hi C Cap on PWM:
- Hi-c CAP (Highly-conductive polymerized Capacitor)
- High voltage derating / heat resistance → higher over-voltage / overclocking possibility
- Best stability & long lifespan → Average life 44800 Hrs @ 85â„ƒ chamber
- The loss-less content protection technology with full-rate audio enjoyment from Blue-ray Disc
- Support for 24-bit / 192kHz sample rate offers high quality digital decoders and speakers
- support 7.1 channels playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs
- Support next-generation SATAIII, up to 6Gbps bandwidth
- Double the data transfer rate of SATAII (3Gbps)
- Revolutionary SuperSpeed USB 3.0, 10x faster than USB 2.0
- Up to 5Gbps bandwidth, boost data transfer rate between PC and USB device
- Provide CPU VCORE, VTT, DDR, PCH Voltage measure value
- Key part's voltage measurement for all end-users
APS (Active Phase Switching):
- APS is Active Phase Switching is complete function to Control Power Demand With Switcing Dynamically, it’s for CPU, Memory and Chipset PWM.
- Saving Power under Variable Loading
- Power Usage More Efficiency.
- Easy connect to front panel & chassis cable
- 2x USB, IEEE 1394, front panel (JFP1/2)& audio(JAUD1) M-connector in the package
- Easy to tell the definition of each pin
- Equip with 2 or more PCIe x16 slots, ATI CrossFire Ready.
- The ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform.
- Provides 2.7x faster performance than single graphic card solution.
Live Update 4:
- Live Update 4 is a single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility updates and installs for you , which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while updating.
- The MSI Live Update online is designed to automatically download and update the BIOS and driver when there’s a new version online. It helps reduce the risk of getting the wrong file and minimize the trouble of searching the files from MSI website.
- One second overclocking
- World’s first true overclocking processor
- 36% performance boost
- Overclock 4 core B-clock & Ratio by OC Genie
- 8mm extra thick heatpipe.
- 60% thicker than traditional heatpipe.
- Thickest heatpipe used on mainboard.
- 50°C lower temperature.
- With the ESD dual-current protection chip, USB Safeguard can ideally protect your motherboard from the potential damage caused by static electricity when inserting USB devices.
- Excellent energy-saving capability and offers high-computing performance.
- Provide superior energy-saving function and maintain an ultimate low temperature operation.
- Comes with three incredible features.
- Faster and Flexible and instant
- If BIOS crash, it still can boot from USB Drive
- Update BIOS from USB Drive by M-Flash Fucntion
All information courtesy of MSI @ http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=&prod_no=1988