Moneual Lab MonCaso 972 HTPC CaseMakaveli - July 20, 2008
» Discuss this article (10)
To test the temperatures of the Moneual Lab MonCaso 972 HTPC case, I'll be stressing my system by running Prime 95, HDTune, and 3DMark Vantage at the same time. Idle temperatures were taken after allowing the components to sit inside of the cases for at least 30 minutes, while having absolutely no load applied to them at all. Hopefully, this case will put all of the vents into use and get all of the hot air out, but still be able to get cool air in. Let's start testing and find out! Also, please note that the Bgears case supports only MicroATX motherboards so I put in the ECS G33T-M2 MicroATX motherboard.
- Processor: Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad 266x9
- Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Formula
- Memory: Mushkin XP2 8000 Redline 2x2GB 5-5-5-15
- Video Card: Gigabyte 8800GT Turbo Force Edition
- Power Supply: Mushkin 800watt Power Supply
- Hard Drive: Seagate 1000GB SATA
- Optical Drive: Sony Dual Layer Burner
- OS: Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
- Comparison Case: Bgears b-Envi MicroATX HTPC Case
It looks like the MonCaso 972 has only slightly better airflow than the Bgears. The different motherboards were the reason behind the different scores in the chipset temperature tests.