Memonex Race R310 16GB Flash Drive ReviewIndybird -
» Discuss this article (0)
To test the performance of the Memonex R310 flash drive, I’ll be using three benchmarks. Flash Memory Toolkit, SiSoft Sandra and real-world file transfer times. To start off, I’ll be using the free demo version of Flash Memory Toolkit. The tests here will consist of a low-level read test to determine the average read bandwidth of the drive and a file benchmark to test the average read and write speed of different file sizes.
- Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
- Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P
- Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD USB3
- Memory: Mushkin Blackline 996744 DDR3-1600MHz
- Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 5870
- Power Supply: OCZ 700W Modular Power Supply
- HDD: 1 x Seagate 7200.11 750GB SATA w/32MB Cache
- Optical Drive: Lite-On DVD-R/W
- OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
- OCZ Rally2 Dual Channel 2GB
- Kingston Datatravler Locker+ 16GB
- PNY Attache 8GB
- Sandisk Cruzer 8GB
- Sony Micro Vault 4GB
Read Speed - Low Level Benchmark:
This test determines the average read speed of the flash drive. The results are in megabytes per second along with the flash memory multiplier speed.
The Memonex Race R310 remains fairly middleground here, nothing too ground breaking performance-wise.