Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 1TB Reviewgotdamojo06 - February 26, 2008
» Discuss this article (1)
After the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 1TB External Hard drive was setup, I found myself amazed at the software that was bundled with the device, however I was wondering how the actual drive performed. It is time to get down to business and see some impressive numbers from this drive, or at least what I hope to be some impressive numbers. To test the OneTouch, I will be using HD Tune for a benchmark, SiSoftware Sandra Professional XIIc and using the Overclockersclub standard set of test files to put it up against some real world testing.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor
- Asus Maximus Extreme
- VisionTek HD3850 512MB
- G. Skill DDR3 1333MHz 2GB (2x1GB)
- OCZ GameXStream 850W Power Supply
- Western Digital 500GB SATA 3.0GB/s Hard Drive (WD5000AAKS)
- Windows Vista 32Bit Ultimate
- Thermaltake Armor Extreme Edition
- Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 1TB (USB 2.0)
- Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 1TB (FireWire 400)
- Seagate FreeAgent Pro 1TB (USB 2.0)
- Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750GB (USB 2.0)
- Western Digital 500GB SATA 3.0GB/s (WD5000AAKS) (Internal HDD)
- Average Transfer Rate (HD Tune)
- Access Time (HD Tune)
- Burst Rate (HD Tune)
- CPU Usage (HD Tune)
- Physical Disk Drive Index(SiSoftware Sandra Professional XIIc)
- Physical Disk Access Time(SiSoftware Sandra Professional XIIc)
- File Systems (SiSoftware Sandra Professional XIIc)
- Real World File Transfer (Windows Explorer)
Well, enough waiting, let's get started with the testing and see how all of these drives compare. I will start off by running HD Tune on all of the drives, let's see how it compares.
The next benchmarking software that I am going to use is SisSoftware Sandra Profesional XIIc's File Systems and Physical Disk benchmarks.
The next group of tests that I am going to be performing on these drives are a real world transfer of three different files. They are all different sizes (10MB. 100MB, and 500MB). I will calculate how long it takes these files to transfer from one location to the other final destination.