Maxtor 750GB OneTouch IIIrobgs -
» Discuss this article (0)
I will use HD Tune version 2.53 to measure the burst speed, access time, CPU usage, and average read time of the Maxtor OneTouch III. I will compare two OneTouch III connection methods; USB and FireWire 400. I will also compare it with a 3x320 GB Seagate RAID 5 array.
- Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo Processor
- Asus P5N32-E SLI motherboard
- 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 EL Platinum ram
- eVGA 8800GTX video card
- 3 Seagate 320GB SATA II drives, RAID 5
- LG GSA-H22L-BLK 18x DVD ROM
- Windows XP Professional SP2
The first test comparison is burst speed and it is shown in the following graph.
The next graph shows the access time.
The CPU usage is shown below.
Finally, the average read rate is shown in the next graph