In Win IW-R300 3U Server Chasis Reviewajmatson -
» Discuss this article (0)
With this being the first rack-mounted server chassis that we here at OverclockersClub.com have reviewed for the testing portion, I will be running the same tests that we run on tower cases but the comparison case will be a tower-style mini case that I have been using for the exact same components that will be installed into the In Win IW-R300 rack chassis. Doing this will give us a nice idea on how the same components installed into a rack-style case will affect the temperatures that build up during normal operating circumstances. The ambient room temperature was kept the same during all tests to keep any variation from interfering with the scores. All hardware was run at the same speeds, frequency, latency, and voltage for every test to keep the scores as fair as possible.
- Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 "Propus"
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
- Memory: OCZ Spec Ops Urban Elite 2 x 2GB DDR3-12800 7-7-7-20
- Video Card: Sapphire HD 3450 512MB
- Case: In Win IW-R300 3U Server Chasis
- Power Supply: In Win 2U 500w PSU
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 750GB 7200.11
- Optical Drive: Sony Slim DVD+/-RW
- OS: Windows Server 2008 Standard 64-Bit
- Ambient Temperature: 24â„ƒ
- Comparison Case: Cooler Master Elite 341 Mini Tower