In Win Buc ReviewCompxpert -
» Discuss this article (7)
For testing the case, I ran a set of very simple load and idle tests on the CPU, GPU, HDD, and chipset. For load testing the GPU, I use the [email protected] GPU client. For the CPU and chipset, I use Prime 95 in blend, which stresses the CPU and related components. Finally, for the HDD, I stress it using HDTune. For all load tests, I apply the selected load using the application for an hour, after which I record the temperature. For all idle testing, I simply allowed the computer to idle for a whole hour, after which I recorded the temperature. The CPU temp is derived from RealTemp and the rest from HWMonitor.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
- Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT X58-T3eH8
- Memory: Mushkin Ridgeback 998827 PC3 12800 3x2GB
- Graphics Card: XFX HD5870 1GB
- Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 500GB SATA 7200.12
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Ambient Temperature: 22 °C
- Lian-Li PC60-FWB customized with two 120mm top panel fans added in
- ThermalTake Level 10 GT
Well Buc certainly did stand up well against the competition and it actually took three of the eight tests.