Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 ReviewFormer staff writer -
» Discuss this article (14)
Here is a list of the technologies built into the Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core QX9650 and some interesting facts you may want to know.
- Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution, enabling delivery of more instructions per clock cycle to improve gaming execution time and energy efficiency.
- Intel® Intelligent Power Capability, designed to deliver extreme energy-efficient performance.
- Intel® Smart Memory Access, improving system performance by optimizing the use of all available data bandwidth.
- Intel® Advanced Smart Cache, providing a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem. Optimized for industry leading multi-threaded games.
- Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost, accelerating a broad range of applications, including ultra-realistic game physics and human-like artificial intelligence for an intense gaming experience unlike any other. Now further improved on the Intel Core 2 Extreme processor QX9650 with the new SSE4 instruction set for even better multimedia performance.
- The Intel Core 2 Extreme processor has the power for incredible visual experiences. Get inside amazingly complex HD games and applications with the incredible performance from Intel's most advanced gaming desktop processor ever.
- Energy-efficient performance, The Intel Core 2 Extreme processor was designed to enable energy-efficiency so you can maximize your performance. Plus, the added energy efficiency allows systems to run quieter so you only hear what you want to hear.
- Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/products/processor_number/ for details.
- Intel® EM64T requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel EM64T. Processor will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel EM64T-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel EM64T-enabled OS, BIOS, device drivers and applications may not be available. See www.intel.com/technology/architecture-silicon/intel64/ for more information including details on which processors support Intel EM64T or consult with your system vendor for more information.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT), Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT), and Intel® 64 architecture require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, enabling software and/or operating system, device drivers and applications designed for these features. Performance will vary depending on your configuration. Contact your vendor for more information.