In Win X-Fighter ReviewCompxpert -
» Discuss this article (0)
When testing the In Win X-Fighter, I gathered temperatures for the processor, chipset, and hard drive, both when idle and at full load. I used a combination of HWMonitor and RealTemp to probe for temps. For applying load I used Prime 95, HDTune, and [email protected] to stress the CPU/chipset, hard drive and video card respectively. I left the computer idle for 15 minutes to record temps and left it at load for 15 minutes and recorded temps.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale @ 3.00GHz (stock cooler)
- Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT p45-T2RS
- Memory: OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 2x2GB
- Graphics Card: VisionTek HD 4870 512MB
- Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 320GB SATA 7200.10
- OS: Windows Vista Ultimate
- Antec Super Lanboy w/ modified side panel 120mm fan
- Open Air
Lower is better
The X-Fighter stands up pretty well against the competition and only loses in the chipset area and a bit in the video card area. On the flip side, it has pretty large gains in the CPU and hard disk areas. Overall, I was amazed at what this case could do for how quiet it is.