Ikonik Zaria ReviewCompxpert - May 30, 2010
» Discuss this article (0)
For all my tests I had the SIM push the fans to their maximum performance. I ran load tests on the GPU, CPU, Chipset, and hard drive. For each test I let the component run that way for an hour and then used RealTemp to record CPU temperature and Hwmonitor to record the others. To stress the CPU and Chipset I used prime 95 in blend, for the GPU i ran [email protected], and for the hard dive I used HDTune to apply load. For idle testing I simply allowed the computer to sit idle for a whole hour so all temps reach a base and then I recorded the temperatures.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale @ 3.00GHz
- Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT P45-T2RS
- Memory: OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 2x2GB
- Graphics Card: VisionTek HD 4870 512MB
- Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 320GB SATA 7200.10
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
- Thermaltake Element T
- Thermaltake Element G
- CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Black Edition
- Thermaltake Element V
- NZXT M59 - 001BK
Performance wise the case hit a little higher than some of the rest. This case however is quite feature packed which pretty well makes up for it. Chipset temps were likely high due to nothing blowing air over the chipset heatshink.