Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H ReviewRHKCommander959 -
» Discuss this article (1)
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Specifications:
Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1150 package
L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
|Intel® Z87 Express Chipset|
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 3000(O.C.) / 2933(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2600(O.C.) / 2500(O.C.) / 2400(O.C.) / 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1866(O.C.) / 1800(O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 MHz memory modules
Support for non-ECC memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
Integrated Graphics Processor:
1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160
* Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 3840x2160
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Realtek® ALC898 codec
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF In/Out
|Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
(The PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_2/3 slots. The PCIEX1_2/3 slots will become unavailable when a PCIe x4 expansion card is installed.
* When installing a x8 or above card in the PCIEX4 slot, make sure to set PCIE Slot Configuration in BIOS Setup to x4. (Refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," "Peripherals," for more information.)
3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(The PCIEX4 and PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1 x PCI slot
Support for 2-Way AMD CrossFire™/2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ technology
(PCIEX16 and PCIEX8)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5) supporting up to 6 SATA 6Gb/s devices
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
Marvell® 88SE9172 chip:
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3 6/7) or 2 eSATA 6Gb/s connectors on the back panel, supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
* Use either the GSATA3 6, 7 connectors or the eSATA connectors at a time.
Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB header)
Up to 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
Chipset + 2 Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hubs:
Up to 8 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x PCIe power connector
8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
4 x system fan headers
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF In header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x serial port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x power button
1 x reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
Voltage measurement points
2 x BIOS switches
Back Panel Connectors
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x HDMI port
1 x DisplayPort
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
6 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
|iTE® I/O Controller Chip|
System voltage detection
CPU/Chipset/System temperature detection
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection
CPU/System overheating warning
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
2 x 128 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS™
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.6, ACPI 2.0a
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may differ by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also differ depending on motherboard specifications.
Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
Intel® Rapid Start Technology
Intel® Smart Connect Technology
Intel® Smart Response Technology
|Support for Windows 8/7|
|ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm|
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Features:
- GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards: support the latest 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, bringing together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer the absolute ultimate platform for your next PC build. From high current capable digital power delivery, performance-enhancing caching technologies, exclusive high-end audio features, advanced networking and device charging, gold plated hardware connectors and of course, killer good looks, GIGABYTE 8 series motherboards are in a class of their own.
- Next Gen Intel® 8 Series Platform: The latest Intel 8 Series platform offers significant improvements in performance and power consumption with the latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors and Intel® Z87 chipsets. As well as a boost in overall productivity, the latest HD4600 Intel® processor graphics provide native 4K resolution playback over standard HDMI connectivity, with significantly higher frame rates in the latest DX11 3D game titles.
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 Plus: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 Plus debuts on GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards, with a range of features and component choices that provide record-breaking performance, cool and efficient operation and extended motherboard lifespan.
- Ultra Cool, All New Heat Sink Design: GIGABYTE motherboards feature new heatsink designs that offer uncompromisingly efficient cooling on key areas of the motherboard including the PWM area and chipset (PCH). GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards offer both passive, active and water cooling support of the crucial PWM area so even the most aggressive and extreme configurations will be kept well within optimal thermal parameters.
- Ultra Performance, IR® Digital CPU Power Design: GIGABYTE motherboards use industry-leading PWM controllers and PowIRstage™ ICs and from International Rectifier®. These components are 100% digital, offering incredible precision in delivering power to your 4th Generation Intel® processor. Designed from the ground up to complement each other, these industry-leading PWM controllers and PowIRstage™ ICs from IR® are optimized for cool and efficient operation, allowing users to get the absolute maximum performance from their next PC build.
- Ultra Safe, GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™: GIGABYTE motherboards feature GIGABYTE DualBIOS™, an exclusive technology from GIGABYTE that protects arguably one of your PC's most crucial components, the BIOS. GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ means that your motherboard has both a 'Main BIOS' and a 'Backup BIOS', making users protected from BIOS failure due to virus attack, hardware malfunction, improper OC settings or power failure during the update process.
- Ultra USB3+, 10 USB 3.0 Ports: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 Plus motherboards offer more high speed connectivity than ever before, packing up to 10 USB 3.0 ports per board. Each of these 10 USB 3.0 ports are also provided with a dedicated fuse, ensuring that an unexpected malfunction on one port, will affect only that port, isolating potential damage and protecting other connected devices.
- All IR Digital 16 Phase Power VRM Design: GIGABYTE's cutting edge digital 16 phase power VRM design utilizes the highest caliber components to provide unadulterated, smooth power to the CPU. The innovative 16 phase power VRM has been designed and engineered to deliver fast transient response times through quick and seamless power delivery during extensive CPU loading variations. In addition, heat from the VRM is effectively reduced by spreading the load between the 16 power phases, resulting in a cooler, more stable platform.
- GIGABYTE Exclusive Ultra Durable Technologies, Durable Black Solid Caps: GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards integrate the absolute best quality solid state capacitors that are rated to perform at maximum efficiency for extended periods, even in extreme performance configurations. This provides peace of mind for end users who want to push their system hard, yet demand absolute reliability and stability. With ultra-low ESR no matter how high the CPU loading, these exclusive capacitors also come in customized jet black, exclusively on GIGABYTE 8 series motherboards.
"Rated for an unprecedented 10,000 hours of intensive operation at an incredible 105°C" – Nippon Chemi-Con
* Features and Actual component specifications may vary by model.
- High ESD Protection for USB and LAN (USB 3.0 only): GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards raise the bar in terms of protecting your system, providing advanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection for both your Ethernet LAN and USB ports, both common sources of ESD-related failures. Each LAN and USB port is paired with a dedicated protection filter that can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from common electrical surges and even direct lighting strikes.
- Gold Plated CPU Socket: GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards come equipped with a gold plated CPU socket, which means that enthusiasts can enjoy absolute reliability and longevity for the CPU socket overtime, without having any concerns about corroded pins and bad contacts.
- 2x Copper PCB: GIGABYTE's exclusive 2X Copper PCBs design provides sufficient power trace paths between components to handle greater than normal power loads and to remove heat from the critical CPU power delivery area. This is essential to ensure the motherboard is able to handle the increased power loading that is necessary when overclocking.
- One Fuse per USB Port: On GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards each USB port has its own dedicated power fuse that prevents unwanted USB port failure, helping to safe guard your important data during transfer
- Gaming Headphone Amplifier (Front Headphone): GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards feature a high capacity headphone amplifier which is able to drive 600O loads, allowing gamers to enjoy a fuller range of dynamic sound with crisper details and less distortion when using high quality professional headphones. Featuring a wide bandwidth, low noise, high slew rate and low distortion, GIGABYE 8 series motherboards are ideal for professional audio usage and gaming enthusiasts.
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge™ 2: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology is revised and upgraded on all GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards, with comprehensive and enhanced charging support for a broad range of devices that include those that run both iOS and Android. Users can enjoy fast AC charging over USB on mobile devices, even when the PC is turned off.
- Intel® Gigabit LAN: The latest GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards come equipped with Intel® Gigabit LAN networking, a popular choice with gamers that features several performance-enhancing features such as advanced interrupt handling to help reduce CPU overhead and Jumbo Frame support for extra large data packets.
- GIGABYTE OPT Fan Support: Many of today's 3rd party water cooling systems require CPU fan power support for both the cooling fan and the water pump. GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards feature OPT fan support, an additional CPU fan pin header that can be used to connect a water pump and configured for continuous full speed operation. The OPT Fan is also useful for high performance coolers employing two fans.
- Multi-Graphics Support: Flexible graphics capabilities supported for either CrossFire™ or SLI™ action, delivering the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
- HDMI™-The Next Generation Multimedia Interface: HDMI™ is a High-Definition Multimedia Interface which provides up to 5Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and 8-channel high quality audio all through a single cable. Able to transmit superior, uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI™ ensures the crispest rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analog interfaces and their digital-to-analog conversion. In addition, HDMI™ is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
- DVI Support: DVI (Digital Visual Interface) is a video interface standard designed for carrying uncompressed digital video data and to maximize the visual quality of digital display devices, such as LCD monitors, digital projectors, and so on. In addition, the DVI interface is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).
- Display Port Support: Selected GIGABYTE motherboards feature DisplayPort, a next generation graphics display interface that delivers up to 10.8 Gbps of bandwidth over standard cables, providing billions of colors with the fastest refresh rates and the greatest color depths.
- GIGABYTE App Center: GIGABYTE App Center gives you easy access to wealth of GIGABYTE apps that help you get the most from your GIGABYTE motherboard. Using a simple, unified user interface, GIGABYTE App Center allows you to launch all GIGABYTE apps installed on your system.
- GIGABYTE EasyTune:
-Simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings
-Adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment
-System-related information display without the need to install additional software
- GIGABYTE Smart Fan 2: As well as offering more system fans than ever before, GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards feature updated and improved CPU and system fan speed controls, with individual airflow and speed settings available via a dedicated digital controller. GIGABYTE Smart Fan 2 allows you to configure CPU fans and system fans.
- GIGABYTE @BIOS: The new and updated GIGABYTE @BIOS app allows you to update your system's BIOS from within Windows using a simple and slick graphical user interface by automatically downloading the latest version from the GIGABYTE servers.
- GIGABYTE EZ Setup: GIGABYTE EZ Setup combines several key utilities designed to simplify install and configuration procedures for several exclusive GIGABYTE apps including Disk Mode Switch, Smart Connect, EZ Rapid Start and EZ Smart response.
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™:
-Take control of how your BIOS looks and feels with a fully customizable UI
-Adjust overclocking and performance settings in real-time
-Smooth mouse control and shortcuts for fast navigation
GIGABYTE's new Dashboard mode allows users to have complete access to all data related to your motherboards key components including CPU, graphics and memory clocks, temperatures and voltages.
For the first time ever, overclockers can adjust CPU clock, frequency and voltage settings in real-time within BIOS. This massively saves time, allowing users to find optimal settings without having to reboot.
All information courtesy of Gigabyte @ //www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4488#sp