GeIL 1 GB Dual-Channel PC4000 (DDR 500) RAMFormer staff writer - June 4, 2004
I tried to remove the heatspreaders to see what kind of chips GeIL was using, but these suckers are pretty much glued on, and I didn't want to risk damaging the RAM. The installation was simple and flawless, just push them into place in the appropriate slots, and you're ready to go.
Now, in that list of features you'll catch this: "Newest innovation design Temperature Thermometers allows users to monitor the temperature of their memory modules." What that means is this sticker on the side of the RAM with 4 different temperatures listed on it. when the heatsink reaches that temperature, those little areas change colours. Sort of like a really hightech mood ring for your RAM.
- 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered, high performance DDR memory modules
- GeIL 3.5ns 32x8 Density DDR Chip
- 6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB with Gold 30u" Plating
- Optimized SPD for Intel 875/865 chipset Dual Channel DDR motherboards
- Platinum Copper Heat Spreader
- Lifetime Warranty
- CAS 2.5 7-4-4 @ DDR500MHz PC4000
- Retail package with clear acrylic case
- Newest innovation design Temperature Thermometers allows users to monitor the temperature of their memory modules.