Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750GBajmatson -
» Discuss this article (0)
The last tab is the Utilities tab. This is where you take care of the drive itself. Here you can run a diagnostics on the drive, change the sleep interval, and turn on/off the drive light. The utilities feature is only available with the USB connection, not eSata and FireWire. To some this would pose a big deal, but the utilities is just a basic simple control center that can be bypassed by using the Windows built-in diagnostics for the other connections.
To run the diagnostics, select the option and click next. The diagnostics will run and report back if everything is normal or if there is a problem. This takes about 2 minuites to run to 100%.
The sleep interval is the amount of time of inactivity before the drive goes into a low power state to conserve energy and drive life. You can set from three minutes to never. Lastly, the drive light selection will simply allow you to turn on or off the drive light.
One other option the drive has is the ability to upload your photos to Shutterfly. I could not get registered with Shutterfly.com because I was having too many problems. It would have been nice to be able to upload it to Flixter or other photo sites as well, and not just Shutterfly.
- Capacity: Tested version 750GB (about 698.7GB, formatted)
- Interfaces: FireWire400, USB 2.0, eSATA
- Drive Speed: 7200 RPM
- Dimensions: 7.5" H x 1.4" W x 6.4" D
- Weight: 2 Pounds
- Up to 750 glorious gigabytes
- USB 2.0/eSATA and dual FireWire interface modules included
- 5-year limited warranty
- Automatically move your content to multiple locations
- Share pictures online and automatically update without thinking about it
- Share or access your own online space 24/7
- Automatic revisions of your content help keep you safe from goof-ups
- Should something happen to your PC, roll back system settings to a better time
- Modular interface "future-proofs" technology
- Preloaded software
- Power on/off touch point
- FreeAgent Pro Data Mover Drive.
- FreeAgent software and electronic documentation pre-loaded on the drive.
- USB2.0 + eSATA Module.
- Dual FireWire Module.
- USB 2.0 Cable.
- FireWire Cable.
- AC Power Adapter.
- Quick start guide.