GWSystems Fragpedal ClassicMakaveli -
Once you’ve selected the button type, you are prompted to select an action for the button. The screenshot on the left displays the actions you can select; for my button, I chose “Press Selection Key”. You can either select a modifier key, such as Alt+Control, or enter in a key yourself. I selected “Text” and then I entered in “OverclockersClub” for button 1.
You can even enter in your custom code to make your Fragpedal Classic have a personal touch to it. You can do this under the tab named “PAL Editor”.
The last tab is called “Profile Management” which is where you can do just that. You are given 30 slots for profiles you want to create. I thought an extremely cool feature is “Select Application” because you can tell the program to watch for a certain program in the Task Manager. When it sees the program, it can switch to the wanted profile so that you don’t have to keep going into the configuration utility to change profiles.
Now that you know how to set up your Fragpedal Classic, let’s move on to test this unit.
Pads: The Fragpedal Classic features 2 (7” x 4” x ½”) sleek low-profile wrapped cast acrylic pads with chrome plated aluminum end caps. Each pad hosts two tough polyester membrane switch buttons each and can be positioned individually for optimum ergonomic ease of use. Non-skid rubber base keeps pads in place on flooring or carpet.
Smart Buttons - The 4 buttons are controlled by embedded microprocessor technology that enables multi-command capability for strategic game control
• Press – acts like a standard mouse button or keyboard key. Can send a single command or a multi-command macro
• Press/Release - sends a command when pressed and another when released. Can function as a command doubler
• Toggle – Send one command on odd presses and another on the even presses. Converts game commands that require a button or key to be held down to a single tap.
• Timed Multi-Use – Microprocessor timing of button presses enables a different command to be sent on a single click or tap, a double click, or normal press. That’s 3 different commands from the same single button!
• Shift – Pressing a Shift button “shifts” the 3 other buttons to a second function, adding 3 additional control options.
Integrated Keyboard - Just like its mate the R2 gaming mouse, the Fragpedal contains the capability of a full-function PC keyboard with four modifier keys and 6-key rollover.
Tap a button and
• Press a keyboard key
• Send a key combo
• Type – send pre-programmed text to the game at up to 750 WPM
Embedded Intelligence and Memory – An embedded Cypress Encore microprocessor running PAL 2.0 gives the Fragpedal Classic powerful macro capability without disc based software, and a 32KB memory chip internally stores and accesses up to 30 different configuration settings for individually customized use with a variety of games and applications.
No special drivers required – GWS intelligent device™ technology allows the Fragpedal to plug and play and just work with full capability as programmed. Compatible with Mac OSX, Linux, and all versions of Windows including Vista. A software application (Configuration Utility ver. 1.05.07) is included for programming the Fragpedal but is not needed for operation.
Fully compatible with the R2 gaming mouse – Shares PAL 2.0 technology, programming, macros and more.
Finish – Burnished Aluminum
USB Cord – 24” between pads; 5’ to PC
Weight – 1 lb