Foxconn 755A01-6EKRS AMD Motherboard ReviewFormer staff writer -
For those of you who remember the review of the Chaintech motherboard, the testing on it was a bit skewed since we didn't have another AMD64 motherboard to use for comparison. Our review today should be a bit better, as both motherboards are AMD64 boards. However, keep in mind, each board uses a different chipset.
For each motherboard, a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP1a is used with DriectX 9.0b and the services have been optimized so that only the system essential services are running. For test other than the Futuremark test, we will be using the 56.72 drivers from nVidia.
Also, the same components will be used in each system, and those components are:
- XFX GeForce 4 Ti 4200 (AGP8x)
- 1024M Mushkin PC3200 (400Mhz) Level One DDR Black (NOT dual channel)
- Creative SBLive! Platinum 5.1 (without the LiveDrive)
- 1x 160G 7200 RPM HDD
- 1x 40G Maxtor
- 2x 200G Seagate SATA HDDs
- Creative PC-DVD ROM 8x DVD Drive
- Plextor PlexWriter 24/10/40A CD-RW