ECS P35T-A Motherboardccokeman -
» Discuss this article (3)
Now that the system benchmarks are complete, we will move on to the video benchmarking portion of the review. I will be using an EVGA 8800GTS 640MB as the video card of choice for today's test. We will be using an assortment of games to test performance across manufacturer's boards to look for any performance advantages.
The game tests that we use are as follows:
- Far Cry
- Flight Simulator X
- Call of Duty 2
- Quake 4
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted
First up we have Far Cry. This game makes extensive use of pixel shaders and features Polybump normal mapping technology to increase character details.
We will be using the Hardware OC Benchmarking Utility version 1.8 with the following settings.
- Maximum quality option, Direct3D renderer
- Level: Volcano, demo: Volcano.tmd
- Pixel shader: model 2.0b
- Anti-aliasing: 4×
- Anisotropic filtering: 8×
- HDR: disabled
- Geometry Instancing: disabled
- Normal-maps compression: disabled