Diamond VStream Reviewgotdamojo06 -
» Discuss this article (0)
DisplayLink is the application software that is used by Diamond VStream Adapter to transfer the video signal though your USB port to the device that then transmits it wirelessly to the base station and finally though an HDMI cable to the display device, be it a monitor or TV. The DisplayLink Software is the only component of the DisplayLink solution that resides on your computer, playing a key part in making USB graphics devices possible. It has to work transparently so that your USB monitor appears the same as your DVI monitor to the operating system and all of your applications. It has to manage all of the display rendering which would normally be done by a dedicated GPU, while sharing the CPU with everything else you are doing at that point in time. It has to adapt both to the computer on which it is running as well as to the use you are making of it. To do all this, the DisplayLink software has been developed to have the following features:
- Great Performance: The display drivers are performance-optimized to enable the high-resolution digital quality graphics you need to drive today's LCD displays.
- Seamless OS Integration: Allows a user to see and treat a DisplayLink device the same as any other display device connected to his/her computer.
- Compression Technology: Raw display data must be compressed down to fit over USB but needs to maintain a high image quality.
- Adaptable: Every computer is different, and the DisplayLink software always makes the most of what is available on any given time.
- Interactive: Our software ensures that your DisplayLink device is responsive to all your mouse and keyboard inputs at all times.
- Easy to Use and Configure: You want complete control over how your DisplayLink device is configured, so we've made the most common parameters (location, extend/clone, rotation) easily accessible in our user-friendly GUI.
All Information courtesy of DisplayLink @ //www.displaylink.com/displaylink_software.php
Once you get the software installed on your PC, you are going to be able to find the Wireless USB Manager under your Start Menu. This piece of software is what you are going to be able to use to view your wireless transceiver and configure it. Once you have the wireless transceiver installed in an open USB Port, the Wireless USB Manager application is automatically launched in the background. You will also be able to find it in your system notification bar. If you select the wireless USB Dongle in the selection screen and click the Advanced button, you will be able to find all of the settings that you are able to alter; such as the Region that you are in, the channel that you wish to use, as well as the transmit rate in Mbps. There are only three channels that you can choose from; channel 13, 14, and 15 with 15 being the default. Which could come in handy if you wanted to have up to three of these devices working in close proximity to each other. There is also a Diagnostics Log File viewer that you can use, if you are having issues setting up your Diamond VStream system.
While you are looking at the system tray's notification area, you are going to see a new icon that closely resembles the standard Networked PC connection in Windows Explorer. However this is the DisplayLink Software that is automatically launched when you plug in your Diamond VStream wireless transceiver. You can click on the icon in the notification area and open a shortcut menu with a link that will allow you to change, as well as optimize the settings for Video files to be played and re-sized to your TV. You can also check for updates here as well. When you click the Advanced Configuration, you are given the Windows Resolution configuration screen. Here you are going to be able to change the resolution, orientation, and what to do on each display.
Now that the DisplayLink software is set up, the next step is to look at the specifications and features then begin the testing.