Deepcool Frostwin ReviewCryonics -
» Discuss this article (1)
Testing of the Frostwin will consist of loading the processor at both stock and overclocked states using Prime95's small FFT feature for one hour. Temperatures will then be measured using RealTemp. Load temperatures will be the highest recorded average from realtemp while idle temperatures will be the lowest recorded average from realtemp with no system usage for one hour. The Frostwin and the comparison coolers will be run with the supplied fans in a push/pull configuration.
- Processor: Intel i7 2600k Stock and overclocked to 4.4
- Motherboard: ASRocks Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
- Memory: 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 2000MHz 9-9-9-27
- Video Card: XFX HD 7970 Black Edition
- Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
- Hard Drive: Corsair Force 60GB SSD
- Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD
- OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Case: Cooler Master 430 Black Elite
- Corsair Hydro Series H60
- Enermax ETS-T40
- Evercool Transformer 4
I have to admit I am a little disappointed with the Frostwin's performance when overclocked. Considering the fact that it has a push/pull configuration along with the twin tower design it still just did not have what it takes to beat out the competition. Under load at stocks speeds the Frostwin, is roughly two degrees behind the the two best performers.