Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 ReviewCryonics -
» Discuss this article (20)
Testing of the GAMMAXX 400 will consist of loading the processor at both stock and overclocked states using Prime95's small FFT feature for one hour. Temperatures will then be measured using realtemp. Load temperatures will be the highest recorded average from realtemp while idle temperatures will be the lowest recorded average from realtemp with no system usage for one hour. The GAMMAXX 400 and the comparison coolers will be run with the supplied fan in a push configuration.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 3960X Stock and overclocked to 4.4
- Motherboard: MSI X79A-GD45
- Memory: Corsair Dominator PC3 17000 9-11-10-27 1333
- Video Card: XFX HD 7970 Black Edition
- Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
- Hard Drive: Corsair Force 60GB SSD
- Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD
- OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Case: Cooler Master 430 Black Elite
- Transformer 4
- Enermax ETS-T40
- Corsair Hydro Series H60
As you can see from the tests results above the Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 and the comparison coolers had some difficulty keeping up with the heat generated by the Core i7 3960X in both the stock and overclocked tests. The Gammaxx 400 held it's ground in the stock test while it dominated the competition in the overclocked portion of testing.