CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Black Edition ReviewCompxpert -
» Discuss this article (1)
Now we're on to testing the case. For all tests, I used a combination of HWmonitor and RealTemp to get temperatures. To get all idle temperatures, I restarted the computer and then left it to run with no load for over an hour, after which I recorded the temperatures. For load tests on the CPU and Chipset, I simply ran Prime 95 in blend mode, which stresses a bit of everything. After an hour I recorded temperatures. For testing GPU temperatures, I simply turned on [email protected] GPU and left it to run on the card for an hour and then recorded temperatures. For HDD temp, I stressed the HDD using HDTune and then recorded temperatures after an hour.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale @ 3.00GHz
- Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT p45-T2RS
- Memory: OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 2x2GB
- Graphics Card: VisionTek HD 4870 512MB
- Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
- Hard Drive: 1 x Seagate 320GB SATA 7200.10
- OS: Windows Vista Ultimate
Wow! Amazing performance from the Sniper. It beats the competition by a whole 1-2°C in half the tests and even got a whole 6-8°C variance on others. It only ties on the GPU load test. Quite impressive performance from CoolerMaster.