Battlefield Vietnam Game ReviewFormer staff writer - March 25, 2004
Category: Gaming, Software
Price: $39.99 USD
Battlefield 1942 took the FPS genre to a whole new level. With the game’s detail, historical accuracy, vehicles, and focus on team play, it couldn’t get much better. Soon the great game would be followed up with two expansion packs and a modding community that rivals that of the ancient Half-Life. Mods like Desert Combat, Eve of Destruction, and Galactic Conquest took BF1942 to Operation Desert Storm, Vietnam, and even to a galaxy far, far away.
Now EA and Digital Illusions take us to another battlefield, Vietnam. It’s not another expansion for BF1942, it’s a whole new game with several updates based on their experience with the ever-so-popular Battlefield 1942.
- Command powerful Vietnam-era vehicles -- rule the skies in the F-4 Phantom, airlift vehicles in transport helicopters, and more.
- Master the weapons of jungle warfare including pongee sticks and booby traps.
- Wage war online from dark jungles to villages on the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
- Go to war as a Viet Cong, Green Beret, or other soldier types, each with multiple character skins.
- Head into battle with a generation-defining soundtrack blaring from your chopper, including songs by CCR, Jefferson Airplane, and more.