ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Reviewformerstaff -
» Discuss this article (11)
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Specifications:
AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors
Supports AM3+ 32 nm CPU
Supports CPU up to 8 cores
Supports CPU up to 140 W
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet™ Technology
4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
* Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
* Due to CPU spec., AMD 100 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066MHz. With ASUS design, this motherboard can support up to DDR3 1333MHz.
Up to 5.2 GT/s HyperTransport™ 3.0
Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (dual x16 or x16/x8/x8) *1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
1 x PCI
AMD SB950 controller :
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), brown
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
ASMedia® PCIe SATA controller :
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s port(s), red
Realtek® 8111F, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- ASUS Noise Filter
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller :
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller :
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue)
AMD SB950 controller :
12 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (8 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
TUF ENGINE! Power Design :
- 8 +2 Digital Phase Power Design
- TUF Components (Alloy choke, Cap. & MOSFET; certified by military-standard)
- ASUS DIGI+ Power Control Utility
- E.S.P. : Efficient Switching Power Design
Ultimate COOL! Thermal Solution :
- TUF CeraM!X Heatsink Coating Tech.
- TUF Thermal Radar
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- Remote GO!
- USB BIOS Flashback
- AI Suite II
- Ai Charger+
- ESD Guards
- Front Panel USB 3.0 Support
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- Network iControl
- USB 3.0 Boost
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS O.C. Profile
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS MyLogo 2
- Multi-language BIOS
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
8 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
6 x Audio jack(s)
1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
Internal I/O Ports
1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin, moss green)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x TPM connector(s)
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel connector(s)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x DirectKey Button(s)
1 x DRCT header(s)
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
1 x TUF Certification card(s)
1 x TUF 5 Year Warranty manual(s) (by region)
64 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI BIOS, PnP, SLP2.1, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 2.0a, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 2, F12 PrintScreen, F3 Shortcut Function and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
WfM 2.0, DMI 2.0, WOL by PME, WOR by PME, PXE
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
ATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
*1: When running dual graphics cards, be sure to insert the card in the first and third PCIex16 slot to get the best performance.
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Features:
- A Dedicated Button to Access the BIOS Directly, Designed for those requiring frequent BIOS access, users can easily enter the BIOS automatically when the PC is on standby power with the simple press of a button. It saves you time during boot-up from having to repeatedly press the DEL key. Convenience and ease at its best!
ASUS Boot Setting
- Multi-startup Options
- Thanks to ASUS Windows 8 hardware optimization, ASUS Boot Setting provides better flexibility in customizing your PCs startup process. You can enter the BIOS directly with one click through a user-friendly interface, and quickly select your preferred system boot up method: either get to the OS in seconds or opt for regular boot up. Whatever your choice, settings are saved and persistent, with no need to choose every time you power on.
CeraM!X - Heatsink Coating Tech.
- 50% Larger area for heat dissipation with the revolutionary ceramics-coating technology
- Innovative ceramics effectively conducts heat away from the system. It replaces traditional anti-oxidant to dissipate heat better with its microscopic irregular surface and enlarged area. Better cooling leads to overall improvement in system stability.
TUF Thermal Radar
- Real Time Temp Detection and Heat Removal
- The TUF Thermal Radar monitors temps in critical parts of the motherboard in real time, automatically adjusting fan speeds to make sure the system maintains high stability without overheating. It consists of multiple sensors for various components on the motherboard, giving users the ability to monitor each area, while increasing options for fan control housed inside the chassis. The Thermal Radar automatically calculates ideal fan speeds based on different parameters selected by users for each component, keeping everything cooler and longer lasting.New DIGI+ Power Control
- Leading digital power control solution with the best quality
- New DIGI+ Power Control includes multiple digital voltage controllers, allowing ultra-precise modulation and tuning for both the CPU and DRAM. This innovative and industry-leading ASUS technology provides extremely accurate voltage tuning for better efficiency, stability and performance
- Flexible and Easy BIOS Interface
- ASUS UEFI BIOS offers a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only BIOS controls to enable more flexible and convenient mouse input. Users can easily navigate the UEFI BIOS with the smoothness of their operating system. Quick and simple overclocking and setup sharing is facilitated by the F12 hotkey BIOS snapshot feature. The exclusive EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed setup info, while the Advanced Mode is for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricate system control, including detailed DRAM information.
TUF Components (Alloy Choke, Cap. & MOSFET; Certified by Military-standard)
- Certified for Tough Duty
- Get rugged performance even in the most challenging conditions with robust TUF chokes, solid capacitors, and MOSFETs--certified through third-party, military-grade testing. TUF Chokes, also known as the “Alloy Choke”, is a made of a compound of various types of metal instead standard iron, enables the support of up to a massive 40A of rated current, 25% higher than conventional component. Furthermore, the single piece packaing also elimates the emission of virbation noise, delivering superb charactoristics as well as durability under extreme conditions.
E.S.P. Efficient Switching Power Design
- Optimal power efficiency for key components
- Exclusively for this motherboard, the switching power design is provided not only for the CPU and memory, but also for other key components such as graphics cards, LAN and USB 3.0. E.S.P. dramatically improves system efficiency and reduces heat generation.
- Any Memory is A-OK!
- MemOK! quickly ensures memory boot compatibility. This remarkable memory rescue tool requires a mere push of a button to patch memory issues. MemOK! determines failsafe settings and dramatically improves your system boot success. Get your system up and running in no time!
- Unique protection of motherboard components from unexpected electrostatic discharges (ESD)
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can happen suddenly and its damaging effects is often underestimated. Exclusive ASUS anti-static chip, a protective circuit design, and the I/O shield provides four times better protection to extend component lifespan.
Front Panel USB 3.0 Support
- Convenient USB 3.0 Front Panel CompatibilityASUS provides standardized USB 3.0 front panel support, compatible with any chassis. Enjoy faster throughput of USB 3.0 without relegating cables or devices to the hard-to-reach rear I/O.
- Extra SATA 6Gb/s Supports
- Extra Ports, Extra Speed and Accessibility
- The AMD SB950 chipset natively supports the next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) interface, delivering up to 6Gb/s data transfers. ASUS provides extra SATA 6Gb/s ports with enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval and double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
- Real-time Network Bandwidth Control
- With a single-click on/off button, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles through the intuitive user interface. Within the profile, programs can be pre-scheduled to run in a specific time period to avoid network congestion and long-waits on downloads. Auto PPPoE network connection provides a one-step setup for enhanced online convenience. Overall, it's an intuitive network bandwidth control center.
Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!
- Flexible Multi-GPU solutions, Your Weapon of Choice!
- SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 brings multi-GPU configurations through both SLI™ and CrossFireX. This motherboard features the powerful AMD® 990FX/SB950 platform, optimizing PCIe allocation in multiple GPU configurations. Expect a brand new gaming style like you’ve never experienced before!
Additional Exclusive Features:
- TUF ENGINE! Power Design :
- - 8 +2 Digital Phase Power Design
- - TUF Components (Alloy choke, Cap. & MOSFET; certified by military-standard)
- - ASUS DIGI+ Power Control Utility
- - E.S.P. : Efficient Switching Power Design
- Ultimate COOL! Thermal Solution :
- - TUF CeraM!X Heatsink Coating Tech.
- - TUF Thermal Radar
- ASUS Exclusive Features :
- - Remote GO!
- - USB BIOS Flashback
- - MemOK!
- - AI Suite II
- - Ai Charger+
- - Anti-Surge
- - ESD Guards
- - Front Panel USB 3.0 Support
- - ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- - Network iControl
- - USB 3.0 Boost
- ASUS EZ DIY :
- - DirectKey
- - ASUS O.C. Profile
- - ASUS EZ Flash 2
- - ASUS MyLogo 2
- - Multi-language BIOS
- ASUS Q-Design :
- - ASUS Q-Shield
- - ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- - ASUS Q-Slot
- - ASUS Q-DIMM
- - ASUS Q-Connector
All Information provided by ASUS USA:http://www.asus.com/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/#specifications