ASUS Rampage III Formula Reviewccokeman - December 23, 2010
» Discuss this article (0)
Intel® Socket 1366 Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition/Core™ i7 Processor
Support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
* Refer to www.asus.com for Intel CPU support list
Intel® X58 /ICH10R
Up to 6400 MT/s with QuickPath Interconnection
6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Triple channel memory architecture
Please refer to www.asus.com or user manual for Memory QVL.
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
*Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 , support x16; x16/x16; x16/x8/x8 configurations
2 x PCIe x16
1 x PCI 2.2
Multi-GPU Support Support NVIDIA 3-Way SLI™ / ATI CrossFireX™ Technology
Intel ICH10R controller
6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller
2 xExternal SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)
Marvell® 9128 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s controller
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
Intel® Ethernet 82567V Gigabit LAN
SupremeFX X-Fi 2 Built-in 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- EAX® Advanced™ HD 5.0
- THX® TrueStudio PRO™
- X-Fi® Xtreme Fidelity™
- Creative ALchemy
- Supports Blu-ray audio layer content protection
- Supports Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Supports Optical S/PDIF out ports on rear
2 x 1394a ports (1 port at back I/O, 1 port onboard)
NEC® USB 3.0 controller
- x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (at back panel)
2 Intel® ICH10R Southbridge
- x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (5 ports at midboard; 6 ports at back panel, 1 reserved for ROG Connect) 12
ROG Extreme Engine Digi+
- 8-phase CPU power
- 3-phase QPI/DRAM power
- 2-phase NB power
- 2-phase Memory power
BIOS Flashback with onboard BIOS switch button
ROG Extreme OC kit
- LN2 Mode
- COP EX (Component Overheat Protection - EX)
- Voltiminder LED
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Intelligent overclocking tools
- ASUS AI Booster Utility
- ASUS O.C. Profile: overclocking configuration-sharing tool
ASUS MyLogo 3
ASUS EZ Flash 2
ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
Onboard Switches: Power / Reset / Cls CMOS (at rear)
CPU Level Up
ASUS Fan Xpert
ROG BIOS Wallpaper
ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
Back Panel I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x S/PDIF Out (Optical)
1 x IEEE 1394a
1 x LAN(RJ45) port
8 -Channel Audio I/O
1 x Clr CMOS switch
2 x External SATA port (1 is Power eSATA port)
1 x ROG Connect On/Off switch
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (Blue)
7 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (1 port also for ROG Connect)
Internal I/O Connectors 2 x USB connectors supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports
1 x IEEE 1394a connector
1 x S/PDIF Out connector
1 x En/Dis-able Clr CMOS connector
Front panel audio connector
8 x SATA connectors: 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors (Red); 6 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s connectors (Grey)
8 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
3 x Thermal sensor connectors
1 x QPI Loadline calibration switch jumper (QPI_LL_SW)
1 x 24-pin ATX Power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connectors
1 x LN2 Mode Header
1 x START (Power On) button
1 x RESET button
1 x EZ Plug connectors (4-pin Molex Power connector)
1 x OC Station header (including 1 USB port)
1 x Go Button
1 x BIOS Switch button
16 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI2.0a Multi-Language BIOS
WOL by PME,WOR by PME,PXE
1 x I/O Shield
1 x 2-in-1 Q connector Kit
1 x Optional Fan
1 x ROG Connect cable
1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge
1 x SLI Cable
3 x 2-in-1 SATA SATA 3.0 Gb/s cables
1 x 2-in-1 SATA 6.0 Gb/s cables
1 x 2-port USB2.0 + eSATA module
1 x Cable Ties Pack
1 x 12-in-1 ROG SATA Cable Label
1 x CrossFire cable
Support Disc ASUS PC Probe II
- Drivers and Applications
Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 Utility
ROG GameFirst Utility
ASUS TurboV EVO Utility
ASUS AI Suite II
ATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
- LGA1366 Intel® Core™ i7 Ready: [Intel Core i7] [Intel Core i7 Extreme] [Intel 6-Cores Ready] This motherboard supports the latest Intel® Core™ i7 processors in LGA1366 package with integrated memory controller to support 3-channel (6 DIMMs) DDR3 memory. Supports Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) with a system bus of up to 6.4 GT/s and a max bandwidth of up to 25.6 GB/s. Intel® Core™ i7 processor is one of the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
- Intel® X58 Chipset: [Intel X58] The Intel® X58 Express Chipset is one of the most powerful chipset designed to support the Intel® Core™ i7 Processors with LGA1366 package and Intel® next generation system interconnect interface, Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (QPI), providing improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. It also supports up to 36 PCI Express 2.0 lanes providing better graphics performance.
- SLI/CrossFireX On-Demand: [AMD Cross Fire X] [NVIDIA SLI Ready] Why choose when you can have both? SLI or CrossFireX? Fret no longer because with the ROG Rampage III Extreme, you’ll be able to run both multi-GPU setups. The board features SLI/CrossFire on Demand technology, supporting up to four graphics cards in a 3-Way SLI or CrossFireX configuration. Whichever path you take, you can be assured of jaw-dropping graphics at a level previously unseen.
- Tri-Channel, DDR3 2200(O.C.) MHz [ddr3 2200(o.c.)] The motherboard supports DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1800(O.C.) / 1600(O.C.) / 1333 / 1066 MHz to meet the higher bandwidth requirements of the latest operation system, 3D graphics, multimedia, and Internet applications. The Triple-channel DDR3 architecture double the bandwidth of your system memory to boost system performance.
Future Transfer Technology
- True USB 3.0 Support : [True USB 3.0] 10X faster data rates! Experience ultra-fast data transfers at 4.8Gbps with USB 3.0—the latest connectivity standard. Built to connect easily with next generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10X faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 components.
True SATA 6Gb/s Support
- [True SATA 6Gb/s] Experience the future of storage! Supporting next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) storage interface, this motherboard delivers up to 6.0Gb/s data transfer rates. Additionally, get enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval, double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
ROG Exclusive Features
- Extreme Engine Digi+[Extreme Engine Digi+] Powerful combination of analog and digital design elements Extreme Engine Digi+ equipped with high performance digital VRM design can easily achieve the ultimate performance with adjustable CPU PWM frequency. It expedites heat dissipation and achieves better electric conduction keeping critical components reliable. Now you'll be able to push your spanking new Intel CPU to the limit, hitting benchmark scores that others only dream of. Extreme Engine Digi+ balances the need for voltage and the desire for rock solid performance to bring the ultimate user experience.
- [ROG Connect] Plug and Overclock - Tweak it the hardcore way! Monitor the status of your desktop PC and tweak its parameters in real-time via a notebook—just like a race car engineer—with ROG Connect. ROG Connect links your main system to a notebook through a USB cable, allowing you to view real-time POST code and hardware status readouts on your notebook, as well as make on-the-fly parameter adjustments at a purely hardware level.
- [GameFirst] The speed you need to pwn Low Internet latency allows you to frag more, and get fragged less. That's why ROG has introduced GameFirst, a feature that manages the flow of traffic according to your needs so that you can still listen to online music, download and upload files, and engage in Internet chats without sacrificing the low ping times you need to pwn your opponents.
- [ProbeIt] Get all hands-on with hardware-based overclocking ProbeIt takes the guesswork out of locating the motherboard´s measurement points, identifying them clearly in the form of 8 sets of detection points so you´ll know exactly where to get quick yet accurate readings using a multitester.
- [BIOS FlashBack] Two BIOS ROM. Two BIOS settings. Twice the overclocking flexibility. Overclocker's prayer to have BIOS flexibility is answered! With the new BIOS Flashback, PC enthusiasts can overclock with even more confidence. BIOS Flashback gives overclockers the ability to save two versions of the BIOS simultaneously. Very much like the "SaveGame" function, one BIOS can be used for the overclocking adventure, while the other BIOS is to be stored with any previous version. BIOS Flashback brings the ultimate convenience to overclockers!
CPU Level Up
- [CPU Level Up] A Simple click for instant upgrade Ever wish that you could have a more expansive CPU? Upgrade your CPU at no additional cost with ROG's CPU Level Up! Simply pick the processor you wanted to OC to, and the motherboard will do the rest! See the new CPU speed and enjoy that performance instantly. Overclocking is never as easy as this.
Sound with Clarity
- SupremeFX X-Fi 2 Built-in [SupremeFX X-Fi 2 Built-in] Play with ultra-real cinematic in-game surround sound! SupremeFX X-Fi 2 delivers incredible gaming audio experiences to ROG die hards. It features hardware-accelerated EAX 5.0 and OpenAL for ultra-real cinematic in-game audio. It even comes with THX branding, which makes games, music and movies sound way better! SupremeFX X-Fi 2 also implements gold-plated jacks and high quality capacitors to ensure high definition adventures in audio.
- Kaspersky® Anti-Virus [Kaspersky® Anti-Virus] The best protection from viruses and spyware Kaspersky® Anti-Virus Personal offers premium antivirus protection for individual users and home offices. It is based on advanced antivirus technologies. The product incorporates the Kaspersky® Anti-Virus engine, which is renowned for malicious program detection rates that are among the industry´s highest.
All information courtesy of ASUS @ http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=tdsVoxzsToHRsCro&templete=2