Abit AW9D Max Motherboard Reviewccokeman - March 12, 2007
Abit has put together another great product. With the use of the Intel 975x chipset, this board definitely out shines some of the other hardware on the market today. It is not a high fsb clocker unless you resort to volt mods. That being said, you can do very well with a CPU that has a higher clock multiplier to reach high processor speeds. I was able to get an overclock of almost 1Ghz over stock speeds, stable enough for day to day operation. Not stellar, but nice enough for everyday use. Once you find out the quirks of this board you will be rewarded with great performance. I would buy it again! While testing this motherboard I did not have another motherboard to compare results with. In the near future we will have several socket 775 motherboards and will feature a comparison including this motherboard. Stay Tuned!
- Excellent performance clock for clock .
- Ease of overclockability
- Plenty of room around the cpu socket for large cooling solutions
- Unusable pci slots when dual graphics cards are installed
- SATA connecters between graphics slots making access difficult with dual GPU’s
- Difficulty reaching the CMOS jumper with dual Gpu setups.