Abit AW9D Max Motherboard Reviewccokeman -
- CPU: Intel E6700 Core2Duo OC 359x10 vs Stock 266x10
- Motherboard: Abit AW9D-MAX
- RAM: OCZ 2P8002gk Platinum 6400 revision 1
- Heatsink: Tuniq Tower With a Silverstone FM121 fan
- GPU: BBATI 2x X1900XT in Crossfire mode
- HDDs: 1x 74gbRaptor 1x 120gb Seagate 2x 250gb Western Digital
- PSU: OCZ 700watt Game Xstream
- Optical: Benq DW1655, Sony Dvd/Cd-rom, PlextorPX-750a
- OS: Windows XP SP2
In testing this motherboard, we will be running through a series of benchmarks showing performance at stock settings vs. overclocked settings on the cpu and memory to get an idea of what I was able to accomplish with this board. All graphics tests are run using stock clock speeds on the graphics cards to eliminate any fluctuation in the results.
The system benchmarks we will be using are,
- Apophysis 2.2
- PcMark 05
- Sisoft Sandra
- Cinebench 9.5
- HdTach 3.1
- SpecViewperf 9.0
Here are the results of these tests.
Apophysis 2.2 is a program for rendering fractual flames
PcMark05 is a system benchmark by Futuremark. It is designed to test your complete system.
Higher is better