Welcome Stranger to OCC!Login | Register

AMD May Regain GPU Market Share from NVIDIA with Upcoming GPUs

Category: Manufacturers
Posted: 06:25AM
Author:

Roughly a month ago, it was reported that NVIDIA successfully controlled 76 percent of the GPU market, leaving AMD with a paltry 24 percent. While NVIDIA is currently enjoying the sales of its 960, 970, and 980 series GPUs, a wealth of rumors surrounding the AMD Fiji GPUs and leaked benchmarks for the Fiji XT make the upcoming graphics card lineup from AMD look quite promising. Depending on the launch success of the various cards, AMD may be able to capture some of the market share currently controlled by NVIDIA, thereby lessening the gap between both companies. The highest profit margins for AMD and NVIDIA come directly from high-end products, and if AMD is able to release a competitor to the GeForce GTX TITAN X, the card may find its way into builds of enthusiasts and hardcore gamers and generate substantial revenue for the company.

Source: Investopedia



Register as a member to subscribe comments.

This news has comment postings disabled because it is now archived.

© 2001-2017 Overclockers Club ® Privacy Policy
Elapsed: 0.0941710472   (xlweb1)