Five Companions Detailed in New Bound by Flame ScreenshotsCategory: Gaming
Posted: May 2, 2014 08:20AM
Two weeks ago, publisher Focus Home Interactive released five screenshots for Spiders' fantasy RPG Bound by Flame that focused on the game's hero. But you're not alone in your quest against the seven Ice Lords and their undead army. As the official Combat Trailer showed us, Bound by Flame also features various companions for you to take along with you. Today, Focus released five new screenshots featuring five different companions. In order of their appearance in the images below and in Focus' own words:
- Sybil, the young mage, provides excellent long-distance back-up and uses a special skill that enables her to heal you during combat.
- Randval the warrior excels at hand-to-hand combat and will divert the attention of your opponents, leaving you free to attack safely and to cast your devastating fire spells!
- Rhelmar the elf is an expert in ranged combat and will rain arrows down on your enemies while you charge into the heat of the melee.
- The witch, Edwen, has mastered certain hitherto unknown dark and mystical arts. She is able to devastate adversaries at long range with powerful magic spells, and can temporarily take control of an enemy's mind and turn it against their allies.
- Last, but not least, Mathras is no ordinary undead... more ancient than the Ice Lords themselves, Mathras has perfected the art of swordsmanship and melee combat over the last several thousand years. Like Edwen, he can also reverse the allegiance of an opponent for a short period using his willpower alone!
It's certainly nice to see such diverse companions, which should make replayability even more appealing. Bound by Flame will be launching May 9, 2014, on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. You can currently pre-order the game on Steam for a nice 15% savings, dropping the price to $33.99. Last week, Focus published a Music Trailer for the game.
Source: Press Release