iOS Version of Injustice: Gods Among Us Updated With Multiplayer, Gear, Increased Level Cap, and More
Injustice: Gods Among Us launched on iOS on April 3, 2013, so Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), DC Entertainment, and NetherRealm Studios have decided to celebrate the one-year anniversary in a big way: with a gigantic update. The 2.0 Update adds a slew of new features and is already available on iOS, while the Android update is planned for May. The biggest addition is the inclusion of a brand new multiplayer mode, allowing you to battle other users' teams; though they're controlled by AI. Victories earn you Multiplayer Points toward weekly leaderboards, which can net you tiered rewards based on your ranking.
Along with multiplayer, here is a list of all the other additions and changes to the game:
- Gear has been added, allowing you to upgrade your characters even further. You unlock a Gear slot at Character Level 10 and can purchase up to two more using the in-game coins. Gear can be acquired from ranking well in the weekly leaderboards or by purchasing a Gear Booster Pack for 25,000 coins, which contains one random Gear Card.
- All new Gold Characters have been added to the roster, including Shazam, Batman Returns Catwoman, Green Lantern Sinestro, Animated Harley Quinn, New 52 Nightwing, Arrow, and Krypto Lex Luthor. However, while that's what the update notes list, I can't seem to find Shazam in my game, but I do have Teen Titans Cyborg, who I'm pretty sure wasn't there prior to the update. Either way, there are plenty of new characters to collect and enjoy!
- A new Challenge Booster Pack is available in the store for 150,000 coins, which "contains Gold characters from previous challenges in case you missed them: Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Scorpion, Aquaman, Red Son Deathstroke, Raven, and more!" One of the biggest complaints was that you could not purchase challenge characters unless you unlocked them, which meant you were out of luck if you were late to the party. This should please a lot of players.
- The promotion and level caps have been raised. The promotion cap was raised from Elite V to Elite VII, while the level cap appears to have been raised from Level 40 to Level 50. The update notes don't specify, and I haven't had the time to personally verify.
- A new "page" of missions has been added to the single-player portion of the game, which should help with the new level cap.
- The GUI has seen a slight overhaul, mostly making things a little easier to discern.
I think that's everything. Along with the update, WBIE published an infographic highlighting the game's first year, such as the more than one million daily players and over 29 million installs across 231 countries. Impressive to say the least.
Injustice: Gods Among Us can be downloaded for free on iOS and Android devices. I highly recommend it!
Source: Press Release (and the game itself)