Worker Dies in South Korea Samsung Plant

gebraset - March 27, 2014 04:39AM in General News

Reports indicate that a 52 year old man who worked for a partner company of Samsung died in Seoul, South Korea, due to carbon dioxide poisoning. Local police and fire authorities stated that the fire extinguishing system located within the Samsung plant malfunctioned and falsely detected a fire, releasing carbon dioxide into the building. Isolated within his work environment, the man died of suffocation due to a lack of oxygen. This death brings forth safety concerns about the Samsung plant located in South Korea after similar accidents have recently occurred.

Source: Yonhap News Agency